At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
As part of this we are looking to recruit a Legal Advisor to join the team in DLG Legal Services in Bristol on a one year fixed term contract.
What being a Legal Advisor Involves:
- Providing accurate and clear legal advice while meeting all regulatory requirements
- Providing general legal expenses policy guidance where appropriate, managing clients’ expectations, explaining decisions and the steps in the claims process clearly and succinctly, and ensuring you treat clients fairly at all times
- Dealing with calls efficiently and pro-actively in order to contribute to the department meeting agreed service levels
- Identifying learning & development needs and opportunities for self-progression
- Identifying, owning and managing the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the relevant risk framework and in compliance with all DLG Legal Services policies and procedures and the SRA Code of Conduct at all times
- Maintaining accurate records
- Working together with colleagues to build relationships with other departments and suppliers.
- Supporting the strategic development of the department and firm by developing best practice and the client experience through continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Qualities you'll need:
- Ability to work towards deadlines efficiently
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Law degree or a bar professional training course/ LPC is essential or a chartered legal executive or to be working towards this.
Hours: 35 Hours (Monday - Friday shift patterns varied between 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and10am,6pm)
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.