Based in Bromley. £48-53k.
We are DLG. We are Marketing. We are always evolving.
DLG is a multi-billion business with a diverse customer base. So, painting an accurate picture of our market’s landscape is no mean feat. Working in partnership with teams across our brands including Direct Line, Churchill, and Green Flag, we study market trends, consumer trends and data sources, model the effects and then use our findings to advise some of our biggest business decisions.
Here, we offer the opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas, have a voice in what you believe in, and the ability to drive change.
We are looking for a Proposition Development Manager to join our team and ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do, from the beginning to the end of the customer journey, by identifying ‘Customer First’ propositions. This is an opportunity to develop and deliver compelling, impactful and commercially effective propositions to differentiate our brand as a market leader.
The role will require you to use your analytical skills as well as creative & critical thinking to re-think the way we do things as a business and find better solutions, and ultimately create successful propositions that can be launched to market!
What being the Propositions Development Manager will involve:
- Idea generate, shape and execute proposition territories for all DLG portfolio brands to meet the needs of target audiences, associated insights and brand positioning, ensuring that the propositions are consistent with strategy and objectives.
- Develop customer centric propositions which support need territories and consumer insight, developing them from the ideation phase through to launch following the DLG Proposition Development Framework
- Manage each stage of the propositions process ensuring relevant sign offs and governance are followed, and ensuring that key delivery dates are achieved
- Be responsible for articulating and framing the proposition to ensure it meets industry regulations, and when required ensure there is appropriate substantiation
- Brief in relevant customer research required to the Insight and Research team to assist within the shape and design of the proposition while gaining customer behaviour understandings
- Participate and where required lead relevant consumer research groups
- Develop and build business cases, gaining relevant inputs from other business areas
- Continuously engaging Risk, Compliance, Legal and Financial Promotions to ensure propositions and resulting communications will be fully compliant, TCF and in line with current industry regulation and Conduct Committee rulings.
Skills and experience required:
- Highly motivated, self-led, strategic thinker, able to articulate a clear vision and understanding of business issues based on market and consumer insights
- Commercial awareness and able to analyse and interpret financial data to create high level commercial feasibility of propositions and subsequently build business cases with substantiation for senior management approval.
- Ability to combine multiple sources of information to produce compelling and concise business information
- Strong communicators both written and verbal: synthesizing complex information in a meaningful way so that stakeholders understand the need for change and buy in to deliver a suite of compelling propositions
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management with ability to influence decision makers and drive delivery. Help facilitate change management with an operational focus to deliver proposition, flexible approach in a fast changing and evolving environment
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.