This is a great opportunity to join Direct Line Group as a SAS Developer. This is a permanent position based from our head office in Bromley.
You will have the opportunity to join a fast paced and growing team with fantastic exposure across multiple functions within the business and great progression and training on offer.
You will be responsible for developing business intelligence artifacts as specified in the business requirements and adhering to the BICC (Business Intelligence Competency Centre) best practice standards and policies. You will also support the "support services" team to resolve incidents and produce training/user guides using your knowledge.
- Adopt efficient design and development principles to "transform and load" data for MI production. Provide support to other team members to manage complex requirements
- Adopt efficient design and development principles to "transform and load" data for MI production.
- Develop and validate requirements by adopting an iterative & incremental approach
- Design MI layout in conjunction with business analysts and business stakeholders
- Perform unit & system testing, and defect resolution
- Support the OAT (operational acceptance testing) & defect resolution processes
- Provide input and adhere to standard design framework and data architecture principles
- Support the “support services” team to produce and maintain training/user guides, data dictionary and report libraries
- Communicate with customers where appropriate
- Contribute to product innovation
- Support the production support team to “productionise” MI reports
- Extend and share expertise across the team
- Provide 2nd line support and assist 1st line support staff as required
- Collaborate with BICC teams to resolve queries
- Utilise and promote internal BICC processes
- Provide support to other areas of the BICC as required
- Good level of knowledge and experience of BI platforms and tools
- Good level of experience of data structures, design, coding and development methodologies
- Understanding of insurance value / supply chain (desirable)
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.