We are DLG. We are Marketing. We are always evolving.
We’re proud of our insurance products and our amazing customer service. In fact, we think they have the potential to help us become the UK’s number one insurer. And we’re convinced our customers will too.
We’re a multi-billion business with a diverse customer base, so painting an accurate picture of our market’s landscape is no mean feat. Working in partnership with teams across our insurance brands, we study market trends, consumer trends and data sources, model the effects and then use our findings to advise some of our biggest business decisions.
We now have a vacancy for a Marketing Manager to join our vibrant Marketing Communications team and lead the way for an exciting new product. If you’re an enthusiastic Marketeer with a confident, creative and curious perspective, this is an opportunity to take ownership of a brand-new project and make it your own.
What the role involves:
- In conjunction with our Partner underwriter develop the annual product marketing plan including comms strategy for Churchill and Direct Line, gaining buy-in/ agreement with senior stakeholders across Brand & PL Category
- Responsible for managing and and executing quarterly comms campaigns. Ensure all parts of the business and Partner are engaged & executing as appropriate
- Collate and interpret a wide selection of data across the business, and understand how to turn into meaningful and actionable insights
- Produce and disseminate a range of performance summaries (weekly, monthly) addressing all relevant business KPIs and provide actionable recommendations
- Manage and reconcile a budget of up to £2m, and provide investment recommendations throughout the year based on performance across media lines/ brand health, and current trading priorities
- Product lead for up to 3 roster agencies. Lead all agency product planning sessions to review performance, capture best practice, and develop new thinking and recommendations to optimise campaigns
- Seek knowledge and share with wider team through agency partners and across the wider marketing team
- Awareness of FSA requirements and any other relevant legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks and competition law
What we’re looking for:
- Be ahead of the game in new and emerging technologies and innovative ways of engaging our customers
- Have excellent communication skills both internally and externally to be able to drive actions and projects forward, strong influencing and stakeholder management skills are a must
- Experience with Digital/BTL marketing is desirable
- Experience of managing agencies to deliver outstanding work within agreed timelines
- Happy to work autonomously with the tenacity to succeed
- Ability to interpret data and provide recommendations and solutions to drive improvements from this.
- Delivering planning forecast both annually and within year to ensure that targets are relevant and accurate
- Experience of owning a large budget and reporting on spend variances
- An understanding of the Financial Services industry is desirable but not essential
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.