Purpose of Role
Deliver a best in class motor repair service to DLG customers, providing strong leadership to direct reports and all site employees that will drive site performance and achieve or exceed all financial and operational targets. Empower the site leadership team so that they create a high performing, engaged and fully accountable team that delivers excellence in health & safety and the delivery of all targets. Implement best practice at a site level to ensure the business is protected and operational process & procedure is standardised.
Lead our people in a way that supports working collaboratively across our sites. This will ensure that we deliver our strategic objectives, our operational targets and extend DLG’s customer reach and customer experience. Lead all change initiatives within the site, acting as a role model for the site leadership team.
Health & Safety
To protect ourselves, and others, own and address all of the risks involved in running our business. Deliver best in class standards of compliance in line with the DLG risk framework including :
- Full site compliance to the health & safety policy, practices & procedures at all times to ensure the health and safety of; DLG employees, suppliers, customers and the public as measured through audits, assurance, BSI and other metrics.
- Be responsible for the completion of all relevant administration relating to health & safety reporting and the fulfilment of all necessary housekeeping within the site.
- Working functionally with others to ensure that the repair centre blueprint is maintained and delivered within the site, taking proactive steps to ensure full compliance to external standards e.g. BSI.
- Embed and reinforce a culture where high standards of health & safety compliance are rigorously maintained and protected. Ensure appropriate management of preventable H&S issues taking immediate action where shortfalls are identified and make sure that Root Cause Analysis is completed and any required actions or improvements are effectively delivered.
Drive and lead your team to perform highly, striving for success, continually improving the team’s capability and level of people engagement. Deliver this through excellent role modelling and by living the company values.
To achieve this:
- Use the performance and development framework to set clear and stretching expectations for the team. Regularly discuss progress against all aspects of an individual’s performance including values, development, coaching, recognising success and addressing shortfalls.
- Build and maintain a succession plan for your team to create a continuous pipeline of talent.
- Create a proactive resource plan for your team, leveraging DLG central support to deliver a high quality workforce at the right time for the right cost. Follow all relevant recruitment processes.
- Focus team communication to understand and connect with the business strategy.
- Maintain a high standard of employee experience and engagement by understanding your team’s motivation. Ensure you understand and address engagement barriers by delivering your team’s action plan. Foster an environment where DLG is the employer of choice.
- Ensure high standards and adherence to all people practices, processes and policies driving improvement in all people metrics.
- Create a culture where diversity and difference are accepted and embraced in line with our Bring All of Yourself to work value. Ensure that each of our employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect.
- Take ownership for the corporate social responsibility agenda for your site to support the overall employee experience.
Deliver an effortless customer experience, CONNECT with the customer and deliver on agreed expectations. Create a customer focused culture that will support the delivery of our customer measures of speed, quality, ease and recommend. To achieve this:
- Manage the workshop vehicle throughput duration from FNOL to invoice.
- Achieve all brand whole cycle times and business & marketing propositions.
- Exceed company standards for customer complaint results.
- Drive and lead a deep understanding and interpretation of customer feedback.
Deliver right first time high quality repairs in line with business targets and claim volumes. Ensuring that the RPT and support to labour measure is achieved. Deliver this by:
- Controlling the overall flow from FNOL volumes to output volumes through the site to meet or exceed budget levels.
- Maintain budget FTE (support and technicians) in order to deliver budgeted results
- Deliver repaired/total loss and non converted proportions to maximise DLG Auto Services impact to DLG.
Deliver all site commercial measures by monitoring and taking ownership of all key financial and commercial targets. This will be delivered by the following:
- COS - cost of sales budget
- OPEX – achieve expense target
- Revenue – achieve invoiced sales targets by volume in proportion to budget.
- Be accountable for the site contribution to the UKAARC business planning cycle.
Role model the People Leadership Profile in the way the site manager accountabilities are delivered. (see leadership framework for full profile)
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.