Purpose of Role
Deliver the best in class motor repair service to DLG customers, providing strong leadership to direct reports and all site employees that will drive site performance and achieve or exceed all financial and operational targets. Empower the site leadership team so that they create a high performing, engaged and fully accountable team that delivers excellence in health & safety and the delivery of all targets. Implement standard methodology at a site level to ensure the business is protected and operational process & procedure is standardised.
Lead our people in a way that supports working reciprocally across our sites. This will ensure that we deliver our strategic objectives, our operational targets and extend DLG’s customer reach and customer experience. Lead all change initiatives within the site, acting as a role model for the site leadership team.
Health & Safety
To protect ourselves, and others, own and address all of the risks involved in running our business. Deliver premier standards of compliance in line with the DLG risk framework including :
- Full site compliance to the health & safety policy, practices & procedures at all times to ensure the health and safety of; DLG employees, suppliers, customers and the public as measured through audits, assurance, BSI and other metrics.
- Be responsible for the completion of all relevant administration relating to health & safety reporting and the fulfilment of all necessary housekeeping within the site.
- Working functionally with others to ensure that the repair centre blueprint is maintained and delivered within the site, taking dedicated steps to ensure full compliance to external standards e.g. BSI.
- Embed and reinforce a culture where high standards of health & safety compliance are rigorously maintained and protected. Ensure appropriate management of preventable H&S issues taking immediate action where shortfalls are identified and make sure that Root Cause Analysis is completed and any required actions or improvements are effectively delivered.
Drive and lead your team to perform highly, striving for success, continually improving the team’s capability and level of people engagement. Deliver this through excellent role modelling and by living the things we value.
To achieve this:
- Use the performance and development framework to set clear and stretching expectations for the team. Regularly discuss progress against all aspects of an individual’s performance including values, development, coaching, recognising success and addressing shortfalls.
- You will build and maintain a succession plan for your team to create a continuous pipeline of talent.
- Create a dedicated resource plan for your team, using DLG central support to deliver a high quality workforce at the right time for the right cost. Follow all relevant recruitment processes.
- Focus team communication to understand and connect with the business strategy.
- You will maintain a high standard of employee experience and engagement by understanding your team’s motivation. Ensure you understand and address engagement barriers by delivering your team’s action plan. Cultivate an environment where DLG is the employer of choice.
- You will ensure high standards and adherence to all people practices, processes and policies driving improvement in all people metrics.
- You will build a culture where diversity and difference are accepted and embraced in line with our 'Bring All of Yourself to Work' value. Ensure that each of our employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect.
- You will take ownership for the corporate social responsibility agenda for your site to support the overall employee experience.
Deliver an effortless customer experience, CONNECT with the customer and deliver on agreed expectations. Craft a customer focused culture that will support the delivery of our customer measures of speed, quality, ease and recommend. To achieve this you will need to:
- Own the workshop vehicle throughout duration from FNOL to invoice.
- Achieve all brand whole cycle times and business & marketing propositions.
- Exceed company standards for customer complaint results.
- Drive and lead a deep understanding and interpretation of customer feedback.
Deliver right first time high quality repairs in line with business targets and claim volumes. Ensuring that your RPT and support to labour measure is achieved. Deliver this by:
- Controlling the overall flow from FNOL volumes to output volumes through the site to meet or exceed budget levels.
- Maintain budget FTE (support and technicians) in order to deliver budgeted results
- Deliver repaired/total loss and non converted proportions to maximise DLG Auto Services impact to DLG.
Deliver all site commercial measures by monitoring and taking ownership of all key financial and commercial targets. This will be delivered by the following:
- COS - cost of sales budget
- OPEX – achieve expense target
- Revenue – achieve invoiced sales targets by volume in proportion to budget.
- Be accountable for the site contribution to the UKAARC business planning cycle.
Role model the People Leadership Profile in the way your site manager accountabilities are delivered. (see leadership framework for full profile)
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and accept that people work in different ways.
We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.