A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join DLG’s Geospatial Pricing and Analysis Team. This position would be an ideal opportunity for someone with a background in pricing and/or data science and interested in learning more about the role location plays in insurance.
About the Team
At DLG we understand that geography is an essential part of understanding insurance risk. The Geospatial Pricing Team is a key component of DLG’s Home Technical Pricing Team and we exist to:
- ensure our claims costs are covered by setting the risk price for DLG’s home insurance products
- leverage the power of geospatial software and big data to better understand and price risk
- creatively use our existing information assets, evaluate new sources of data and explore new analytical techniques to make sure we maintain our market-leading position
What being a Geospatial Pricing Analyst involves
- building, developing and monitoring DLG’s weather-related home risk premium models using traditional and alternative modelling techniques
- being creative and inventive with geospatial data to produce rating factors to help us better predict risk
- performing analysis of claims data to improve our pricing of risk accumulations and Flood Re
- assessing our performance after large weather events, communicating findings and recommendations to a wide variety of business stakeholders
- supporting the wider Home Technical Pricing Team in the delivery of projects and objectives, making sure that deadlines are met
- understanding how our work fits in with the wider business, working alongside colleagues in our Underwriting, Claims, Capital and Reinsurance teams
- developing yourself and your commercial awareness to maximise your personal contribution to the team
Skills and qualities you’ll need
- experience in either a pricing or data science role
- educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focused subject
- creative and analytical problem solver
- be self-driven and a motivated team player
- confident in making decisions and using your own initiative
- have an interest in geography and the natural environment
Ideally you would have knowledge and / or experience of:
- traditional / alternative predictive modelling techniques and modelling software (e.g. Emblem, Radar)
- programming languages (e.g. SAS, Python, R)
Hours: Monday - Friday
35 Hours per week
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.