At Direct Line Group, we’re crafting the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every single day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
It’s hard not to be passionate about the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
The Green Flag Brand is no exception and is currently embarking on a ground breaking growth journey to revolutionise the Rescue landscape. Our Service Delivery Strategy is a core building block of the wider Strategy and as part of that we are looking to build on our strength across our Service Delivery Team.
We currently have an opening for Technical Automotive Support Engineers to join our Leeds (The Wharf) based team on full-time, permanent basis.
Purpose of the role
- To provide real time automotive technical telephone support to a host of internal and external customers reducing cost to serve by driving repair rate capability by;
- Driving the success of Phone Fix in the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centres
- Driving UK wide improvements in Roadside Repair rate with roadside technicians working on behalf of Green Flag.
What will you do as Technical Automotive Support Engineer
- You will operate as an integral part of the Green Flag Phone Fix process answering demand from the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centre Advisor population in Leeds and Glasgow, connecting to customers in identified Phone Fix incidents, providing real time over the phone diagnostic questioning and appropriate advice to the customer and Advisor.
- Be the first point of call for all Roadside Technicians requiring automotive technical assistance to lead and aid in the swift resolution of vehicle faults through the use of automotive technical information and databases combined with extensive automotive mechanical and electrical diagnostic and repair experience and knowledge.
- As a technical information author, own the design and development of a technical information platform which can be accessed both internally by ATSE’s and externally by Roadside Technicians in a read and write capacity.
- As an automotive engineering expert provide both validation and governance in the assessment of technical information received from Roadside Technicians ahead of publishing on the Technical Information Platform.
- Working with the Vehicle and Customer Data Insight Manager and Roadside Service Delivery management teams, own the identification, development and roll out of technical training to the roadside network.
- Additionally assist the Service Delivery Contact Centre management teams in the development and roll out of vehicle awareness training modules and experiences.
- Work autonomously and with minimal supervision to ensure best-in-class Automotive Technical Support to internal and external customers and strive through a continuous improvement approach to develop a Green Flag Technical Centre of excellence.
- A minimum of 10 years hands on experience in the diagnosis and repair of vehicle technology including;
- Powertrain Control Systems – Petrol & Diesel
- Vehicle Electronic Systems
- Steering & Suspension Systems
- Drive Train and Transaxle Systems
- SRS Systems
- ADAS Systems
- Excellent customer facing skills and have experience in customer handling
- Will be qualified to IMI Certified Automotive Engineer level or equivalent.
- Passion for Customer Service
- Have a working knowledge / understanding of the challenges faced in Roadside diagnosis and repair.
- Live in a commutable distance to Leeds.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.