At Direct Line Group, we’re crafting the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every single day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
It’s hard not to be passionate about the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
The Green Flag Brand is no exception and is currently embarking on a ground breaking growth journey to revolutionise the Rescue landscape. Our Service Delivery Strategy is a core building block of the wider Strategy and as part of that we are looking to build on our strength across our Service Delivery Team.
We currently have an opening for Technical Automotive Support Engineers to join our Leeds (The Wharf) based team on full-time, permanent basis.
Purpose of the role
- To provide real time automotive technical telephone support to a host of internal and external customers reducing cost to serve by driving repair rate capability by;
- Driving the success of Phone Fix in the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centres
- Driving UK wide improvements in Roadside Repair rate with roadside technicians working on behalf of Green Flag.
What will you do as Technical Automotive Support Engineer
- You will operate as an integral part of the Green Flag Phone Fix process answering demand from the Rescue Service Delivery Contact Centre Advisor population in Leeds and Glasgow, connecting to customers in identified Phone Fix incidents, providing real time over the phone diagnostic questioning and appropriate advice to the customer and Advisor.
- Be the first point of call for all Roadside Technicians requiring automotive technical assistance to lead and aid in the swift resolution of vehicle faults through the use of automotive technical information and databases combined with extensive automotive mechanical and electrical diagnostic and repair experience and knowledge.
- As a technical information author, own the design and development of a technical information platform which can be accessed both internally by ATSE’s and externally by Roadside Technicians in a read and write capacity.
- As an automotive engineering expert provide both validation and governance in the assessment of technical information received from Roadside Technicians ahead of publishing on the Technical Information Platform.
- Working with the Vehicle and Customer Data Insight Manager and Roadside Service Delivery management teams, own the identification, development and roll out of technical training to the roadside network.
- Additionally assist the Service Delivery Contact Centre management teams in the development and roll out of vehicle awareness training modules and experiences.
- Work autonomously and with minimal supervision to ensure best-in-class Automotive Technical Support to internal and external customers and strive through a continuous improvement approach to develop a Green Flag Technical Centre of excellence.
- A minimum of 10 years hands on experience in the diagnosis and repair of vehicle technology including;
- Powertrain Control Systems – Petrol & Diesel
- Vehicle Electronic Systems
- Steering & Suspension Systems
- Drive Train and Transaxle Systems
- SRS Systems
- ADAS Systems
- Excellent customer facing skills and have experience in customer handling
- Will be qualified to IMI Certified Automotive Engineer level or equivalent.
- Passion for Customer Service
- Have a working knowledge / understanding of the challenges faced in Roadside diagnosis and repair.
- Live in a commutable distance to Leeds.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.