At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
Purpose of Role
We are looking to hire a Claims Analyst based in our Bromley office to support the Claims business through the delivery of accurate and sufficient management information. You will create reports together with robust data analysis, in order that the operation and key stakeholders are able to make informed and quality business decisions. This will include supporting business as usual operations, the Claims Change function and any strategic initiatives focusing on key drivers of operational performance.
What being a Claims Analyst involves:
- Analyse MI data to inform the relevant stakeholders across Claims of performance, interpreting and presenting findings as appropriate
- Undertake statistical and probability analysis to identify trends and improvement opportunities by key driver across the business
- Support strategic Claims initiatives and provide robust management information and analysis to enable robust decision making. Work with Claims Operational Management in order to design and implement fit-for-purpose reporting containing relevant, accurate, timely and commercially-focused lead and lag key performance Indicators
- To continuously seek to improve the quality of MI provided to the business, and to support, prioritise, and challenge ad hoc requests from the business. Work with the business to educate and shape the MI request in order to better meet objectives, and reinforce a culture of working in partnership by keeping stakeholders informed and updated
- To adopt a creative approach to resolving complex problems in mining and manipulation of data, identify alternative non-standard mechanisms and approaches to achieve the desired output
- Where possible, identify process improvements and/or efficiencies in order to contribute to the profitability of DLG Insurance
- Develop statistical techniques & models that can be utilised by the wider team and analyst community in order to drive business benefit
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
Skills & Qualities you'll need:
- SAS experience (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in Financial Services Analysis role (Insurance preferred)
- Strong data analysis
- Strong communications skills
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.