At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new permanent opportunity in our Manchester office as a Trading Underwriter - Motor
What being a Trading Underwriter involves
To win and retain profitable business from brokers serviced by your Region. To improve your underwriting and trading skills. To deliver high quality service to your Regions brokers.
- Support in the delivery of New Business financial plan – including delivery of your personal New Business GWP target
- Support in the delivery of Existing Business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Underwrite in accordance with PUA and Underwriting Guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Deliver quality broker service in line with Broker Segmentation service levels
- Act as a referral point for lower level PUAs and support in improving Underwriting capability
- Effective usage and update of Tools and Systems
- Contribute to wider business activities
- Improve own contribution through active self development
- Develop effective working relationships with Trading Regions and Underwriting Centre to support in delivery of objectives
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role and in line with the DLG Insurance Risk framework and associated governance frameworks
Skills and Qualities you will need
- Previous Motor Underwriting experience
- Trading skills
- Develop broker panel and internal relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Local market awareness
- Progressing towards ACII
Working hours Full Time – 35 hours per week
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.