At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Rating Delivery Project Developer to join our team in Bromley on a full time permanent basis.
You will support your team in providing an innovative and effective pricing rate delivery service for Direct Line Group with a focus on producing rating Models to be used in production for Commercial Lines business for our broker and direct brands.
- Aid in analysing project specifications and providing feedback and build rating algorithms/Underwriting rules based on these specifications and documentation for the Commercial business across a range of products and formats, for use in producing premiums to front-end staff, conforming to the modelling standards that are in place.
- Engage with functions including change, testing, underwriters, product owners, third party developers and pricing analysts to ensure the Commercial rating strategy is supported.
- Engage in technical discussions with stakeholders to ensure that business needs and timeframes are met
- Deliver specific tasks and projects to given deadlines, providing insights, impacts, updates and recommendations
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure learnings are effectively communicated across the team
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined
- Develop knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do
- Develop yourself in order to maximise your personal contribution to the team and identify opportunities to gain additional skills, including through secondments and/or rotations
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriately to this role, in line with the company risk framework. Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered price, model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions
- Ensure compliance with core DLG Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions, ensuring reputational risk is minimised
- Reinforce the culture and core values of DLG through appropriate behaviours and actions
- You will exhibit good communication skills and be able to demonstrate personal effectiveness
- You will be a team player but also be able to use your own initiative
- Knowledge of programming languages and software such as Radar and Excel VBA is essential
- Relevant work experience within a similar projects build and deployment role is desirable
- Experience of working within or close involvement with a testing function is desirable
Hours : Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.