Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other. Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity as a Property & Liability Pricing Analyst based within our Bromley or Leeds office on a permanent basis.
Purpose of Role
You will support your team in providing an effective analytical pricing service with a focus on the delivery of pricing recommendations for Commercial Lines Property & Liability business for our broker brands
What being a Pricing Analyst involves
- Produce analytically based pricing recommendations with impacts to improve the trading performance of our Complex Commercial Lines products, whilst maintaining underwriting discipline
- Generate insight from our data to inform business decisions and strategy
- Assist with the development of pricing models and ensure their appropriate use and application. Monitor the effectiveness of models on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Build tactical MI reports. Monitor trading performance and highlight to stakeholders any areas of concern or opportunity.
- Plan, manage and deliver tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, maintaining own responsibility for the robustness of output.
- Play an active role in the induction and training of new members to the team ; act as a first point of contact on technical and process issues
- Build effective working relationships with Underwriting peers and commercial managers in order to support the business from a Pricing perspective.
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand the impacts of your work across the wider business.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to current processes to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner.
- Develop yourself in order to maximise your personal contribution to the team. As well as developing your technical pricing skills, you'll aim to develop your knowledge of DLG systems, underwriting knowledge, reserving, market/industry knowledge, and product knowledge.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business in line with the company risk framework. Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered price, model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions
- Ensure compliance with core DLG Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions, ensuring reputational risk is minimised
- Reinforce the culture and core values of DLG through appropriate behaviours and actions
Skills and qualities you will need
- You will exhibit good communication skills and be able to demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- You will be a team player but also be able to use your own initiative.
- Relevant work experience within a similar pricing or analytical role is desirable .
- You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a scientific or numerically-focussed degree
Hours Full Time- 35 hours per week
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.