A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Market Insight Analyst on a 6 month FTC basis. As a Market Insight Analyst you will interrogate all market information and data sources to better understand levers and trends within the motor and home markets which evolves our internal reporting to deliver compelling and actionable focused insight
Quality check, process and load all monthly market and competitor data sets to an in-house data warehouse facility, ensuring pre-built views are updated and populated correctly, enabling self-service stakeholders access to the most timely information available
Analyse key market trends on a monthly basis and provide key summaries within the home & motor market
Interrogate monthly market pricing data sets for significant and/or relevant shifts at a top-line and segment level for all competitors across a number of key metrics including price, position and channel. Seek to understand the drivers behind these changes and correlate against other data sources available and communicate findings
Validate internal stated business pricing actions against the outcome visible to the market including interrogating the impact on our brands competitive position and levels of money left on the table with results to be fed in to monthly pricing & trading forums
Overlay internal and external data sets in order to understand market and competitor dynamics, identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
Support and contribute to regular in-depth analysis of key competitors to understand how successful they are in executing their strategies through a consumer lens (brand perception and customer experience) and from a commercial and operational perspectives
Develop an all-round knowledge of the general insurance market in the UK, trends and innovation. In addition to monitor competitor results and update half yearly factsheets summarising performance for key players
Report to the appropriate specialist department any instances where there is reasonable suspicion that a customer relationship might involve any aspect of money laundering or fraud, or is being established or operated in relation to a suspected person such as an individual linked to terrorist financing. Remain aware of the responsibility not to act in breach of stated policies, and ensure receipt of adequate training
'Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the Direct Line Group risk framework'
'Responsible for protecting all information and equipment either given to you or that you can access. If you are in control or possession of sensitive info you must protect, delete and destroy it in line with the info security policy standards
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in a business, economics or statistical discipline
- Preferably 2+ years experience of operating in an analytical role
- A good understanding of the insurance/financial services market
- Strong commercial focus
- Results driven and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Data interpretation
- Commercial insight
- Strong communication skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Advanced in Excel , Word & PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to summarise technical output verbally or in written form
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.