Direct Line Group is one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and home to some of the nation’s best-known brands: Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Excellent claims handling is key to our success. We are now looking for Bodily Injury (BI) Claims Handlers to join our team in Bromley - these are full time, permanent positions with working hours between Monday and Friday.
Would you love working amongst a team of dynamic and committed Claims Handlers? We can provide you with this excellent opportunity to help you grow and learn how to take care of Injury Claims and develop your negotiation skills with Solicitors.
What the role of a Bodily Injury Claims Handler involves:
As a BI Claims Handler you will be responsible for the full life-cycle of motor bodily injury claims.
We are actively looking for customer focused individuals to be part of our team who have got what it takes to develop their skill set to include:
- Validating, investigating, negotiating and fulfilment of bodily injury motor claims, and any other associated losses
- Negotiating between the Policy holder and Solicitors to get the best outcome for our customers
- Assessing medical reports and learning the skills required to negotiate the value of the injury with Solicitors getting the best settlement outcome for the Company
- Learning to deal with the legal processes involved in the litigation of certain cases
- Keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything you do and handling expectations throughout their claims journey
- Handling all Third Party injury claims within authority level, adhering to regulatory timescales and guidelines
- Settling Third Party Claims through negotiating the optimum claim settlement
- Identifying and referring all litigated cases (non MOJ) requiring legal intervention, utilising our dedicated partner - Parabis
Skills & qualities we are looking for:
- You will have a background in and experience of Motor Claims
- Previous experience of handling bodily injury / personal injury claims is desirable
- Experience of using a case management system
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build strong working relationships - both internally and externally
- Ability to settle fracture claims involving cyclists, pedestrians, motorcyclists where surgery may have been required
- Ability to handle more complicated liability cases
Hours: 35 hours per week: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Closing date: 1st March 2019
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.