As a driver for Direct Line Group UK Assistance Accident Repair Centres (UKAARC) you will be responsible for attending to customer’s needs regarding collection and delivery of vehicles to our own high standards.
This will include
- Responsibility for collecting and delivering cars within agreed timescales, ensuring the customer receives the best possible service on collection and delivery of their car.
- Ensure all cash and credit card transactions are accounted for and that all transactions are processed in line with Blueprint and company procedures.
- Complete forms to indicate damage on car, and specify accident related damage and highlight old damage, take digital photographs – gain signature from customer.
- Highlight any defects identified during loading/unloading of vehicles or as identified at the hand over of the vehicle to the customer and bring to the attention of the (Senior) Repair Controller.
- Ensures all jobs are referenced and filed on completion of job.
- Supports team members in the allocation of work and in meeting targets.
- Liaises with Customer Service Team Leader regarding the allocation of jobs.
- Carries out checks on courtesy cars and completes necessary paperwork.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Experience in driving / recovery.
- Customer focused/Customer handling skills.
- Good knowledge of area local to centre.
- Holds a current valid driving license, which meets the fleet insurance criteria and where appropriate holds a class ‘C’ LGV Licence.
- You will be required to hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.