At Direct Line Group, we’re crafting the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we adopt change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every single day and accept fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be passionate about the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
Pricing Projects Analyst
As an analyst in the pricing projects team, you will support your manager in delivering innovative analytical projects which enhance the sophistication of DLG personal lines pricing ranging from fundamental step changes of capability to tactical improvements to keep us on the top tier of pricing. The team is focused on analysing and implementing changes throughout the pricing journey and covering areas such as fraud, risk modelling, margin, new business and renewal optimisation.
The role will report to a Pricing Projects Manager. The team sits within the wider pricing projects team, with currently over 20 pricing specialists using tools such as radar, emblem, R and SAS on a diverse range of projects such as evaluating new sources of data, changing our rating algorithm and building new pricing models, primarily across motor, home and other personal lines.
What the role involves:
- Analyse and deliver key pricing projects, ensuring analysis is completed to agreed timelines.
- Input into recommendations to improve DLG’s pricing performance and longer-term pricing capability, whilst maintaining underwriting discipline.
- Work with your manager / principal analyst, provide analytical support to inform business decisions, projects and strategy, acquiring knowledge of available sources of information to check understanding and ensure robustness of output.
- Develop understanding of existing pricing models and their application.
- Awareness of trading performance, monitor controls and tactical MI used in making recommendations to support trading objectives.
- Deliver specific tasks and projects in a dedicated, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations.
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure findings are effectively communicated across the team.
- Assist in welcoming and training new members joining the team
- Develop skills and knowledge of P&U systems and processes; develop your business and market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do.
- Develop yourself in order to maximise your personal contribution to the team and find opportunities to gain additional skills, including through secondments and/or rotations.
Skills and qualities you'll need:
- You are experienced within a similar insurance pricing or analytical role in the financial services industry is desirable
- You are educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focused degree (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics, actuarial).
- Knowledge of SAS, R, Emblem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential.
- You exhibit good interpersonal skills and demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- You are a standout colleague but also be able to use your own initiative.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.