I used to just learn
But now I'm earning too
Always the best of both worlds.
- £19,129 (includes 9% pension contribution)
- 37.5 hours per week
- Claims working hours -Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm
- Customer Service working hours - Monday to Friday 8am - 9:15pm, Saturday 9am -5pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm
- You’ll be eligible for a bonus up to £5oo in year 1 and up to £750 in year 2
- Study towards a Level 2 Financial Services Customer Advisor qualification
University isn’t always the answer. An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards a recognised qualification and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun. You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll secure a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing and successfully complete your studies Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019. We're searching for Claims and Customer Service apprentices to join our teams based in Leeds, on a 2-year apprenticeship programme. Our Leeds office is in the heart of the city centre which makes travel a doddle. We have a pool table in our onsite café and modern kitchen areas on each floor which includes instant boiling water taps to make hot drinks in a flash.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Customer Service team support our existing policy holders when they need to change details on their policy or renew their policy. You'll follow scripts in certain areas, but as you get to know our customers, your extensive training and natural enthusiasm will allow you to take ownership of your role by doing what you do best – connecting with people and understanding their needs.
- Our Claims team are responsible for the validation, investigation, negotiation and fulfilment of first and third party damage claims, and any other associated losses. You'll dedicatedly resolve outstanding investigations, in order to choose the most appropriate settlement route, optimising revenue generation and/or cost control opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Firstly, you’ll need have an A*-D (9-3) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you will need to be able to evidence.
- You must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
- We’re also looking for a confident communicator, an eye for detail, a drive for meeting targets and most meaningfully a real passion for providing exceptional customer service.
If this is you, then get your application in to make sure you don’t miss out.
Our exciting recruitment process
- Complete our quick online application. Read the full job description before you do as it will tell you exactly what we’re looking for We’ll carefully review your application.
- If we like what we see, we’ll invite you to complete a pre-recorded video interview and If your successful we’ll invite you to come in for an assessment centre
- Hopefully you’ll do great and if so, we’ll then offer you the role
- Finally, we’ll complete some pre-employment screening and then you’re ready start your amazing journey with us.
If you want to find out more, contact us on 0345 877 6309 or email us at email@example.com.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.