Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other. Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
We have a great opportunity to join the team as a Sales Co-ordinator on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
You will proactively support the regional sales team to manage the regional broker panel through effective business development strategies and collaboration with key stakeholders to achieve growth and profit.
- Assist the HOS in maintaining sources of regional management information and the completion of sales reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Support your sales team in the application of the distribution strategy to the regions broker panel, influencing the use of segmentation to prioritise trading activity focusing on the priority segments.
- Provide broker meeting material for your sales team highlighting core discussion points, helping to drive effective management of their broker panel.
- develop your market profile and marketing knowledge.
- Trading Region: Be the sales teams internal representative ensuring underwriting activity (quotes and renewals) are completed on time and contributes to the broker relationship strategy driving profitable growth.
- Deals: Manage the deal prospect and pipeline process to ensure all information and deadlines are achieved and an effective deal pipeline process contributes to the regional Sales Plan. Track and manage the deal and schemes process, have a working knowledge of the financial modelling tool to assist SBDM’s and collate and store deal documentation reporting to HO on time.
- eTrade: Support eTrade product launches and champion eTrade relationships with the eTrade team and P’boro.
- Events: Assist the organisation of broker events and hospitality and co-ordinate with the different areas of the business.
- Broker Development: Where identified manage a small panel of brokers and deliver agreed development targets.
- Governance: Maintain regional gifts and hospitality register. Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with Direct Line Group risk framework and regulatory requirements.
Key Skills/Qualities we would look for:
- A self starter
- An organiser
- Ability to be proactive to changing business needs
- Enjoyment to organise and arrange events for our customers
- Abliity to interpret and adapt data for key stakeholders
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.