Direct Line Group is one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and home to some of the nation’s best-known brands: Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG. Our mission is to make insurance easier and better value for customers.
Excellent claims handling is essential to our success. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Motor Claims Handler to join our team in Birmingham, on a full time, permanent basis. Working within a team of 8 claims handlers and reporting into the team leader, you will play a key part in our commercial customers, claim journey.
The Commercial Motor Claims Handler is responsible for proactively managing the full life-cycle of a Commercial Motor claim, including the validation, negotiation, fulfilment and settlement of these claims. This includes Policyholder, Broker and Third Party elements.
What being a Commercial Motor Claims Handler involves:
- Manage new claim registration – First Notification of Loss of Motor claims/Third Party claims
- Ensure all new claims are registered in accordance with specific Broker SLA's (24/48 hours)
- Accurate and relevant data capture to allow for the investigation, validation, repudiation and/or settlement of claims. Instruct relevant suppliers/investigators at the outset of the claim.
- Validate policy cover, in line with relevant class of business, ensuring clauses, warranties and endorsements are considered. Repudiate claims in line with policy terms and conditions ensuring identification of any potential elements of Fraud under a Motor policy.
- Make an accurate liability assessment; ensuring MAT code reflects incident circumstance provided, to manage customer expectations.
- Manage activity on all relevant aspects of claims including Third Party Damage, Policyholder Damage, Credit Hire and Theft Investigation
- Maximise cost control to negotiate the optimum claim settlement, convert all possible cases to repair network at outset of claim.
- Proactively and professionally communicate with our customers and colleagues to manage expectations and achieve the appropriate outcome. Effectively manage Broker relationships, referring to Relationship Managers where required.
- Manage the customer experience, ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly. Ensure communication with Brokers is within relevant guidelines and constraints.
- Ownership and adherence to internal and external policies, procedures and governance, relating to customers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Develop self in order to maximise personal contribution to your role and to understand how it fits into the wider Claims operating model
Skills and Qualities you’ll need:
- The successful candidate will have previous motor claims experience: investigation, negotiation and settlement
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer service skills
- High attention to detail and ability to capture accurate and relevant information
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of insurance principles, fraud and investigation
Hours: 35 hours per week - 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
Closing date: 19/03/2019
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.