Due to growth within the Direct Line Group we now have a fantastic opportunity to join Direct Line Group within Group Audit (GA) as a Senior IT Auditor. This is a permanent opportunity based from our head office in Bromley.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Audit Partner (AP) responsible for IT Audit & Change in a growing team to deliver autonomous, objective and timely IT assurance to Senior Management and the Board. The focus will be on IT risk management, IT controls testing and IT project assurance.
What being a Senior IT Auditor Involves:
- Contribute to the planning, execution and reporting of a series of single IT or change audits covering a range of Technology areas; ensuring the provision of assurance in relation to the adequacy, effectiveness and sustainability of key risk management, control and governance processes.;
- Engage with key stakeholders during the course of audits.
- Work closely with business audit colleagues and where required undertake integrated audits providing technology audit coverage of business applications and associated technology controls.
- Provide appropriate challenge at any stage of the audit to improve quality;
- Head up occasional, less complex audits as agreed with line manager and with appropriate coaching and supervision;
- Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and best practice, proposing improvements and seeking opportunities to add value
- Define and complete own personal development plan to maximise the contribution
- Work with the wider audit team colleagues in their performance and development by providing performance feedback
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to your role, in line with the DLG enterprise risk framework.
Skills and Qualities you will need:
- IT Degree and/or CISA or equivalent preferred
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express ideas clearly to all levels
- Strong experience of risk based IT auditing either in practice or an Internal Audit function operating as a head auditor
- Skills in data analytics to provide insights in audit planning, execution and ongoing monitoring will be of particular relevance to a team embracing the use of data.
- Have strong communication skills, an engaging style and the ability to build relationships and successfully influence a wide variety of stakeholders – both in the Technology and across the wider business.
- Ability to deliver work within set timescales, to a high quality and to budget.
- Previous exposure to COBIT and NIST frameworks is desirable as is some exposure to the Insurance sector
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.