Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge.
In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well-known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our fantastic people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things.
We are recruiting for a Report Specialist to join the team in our Leeds office on a full time, permanent basis.
What the role involves:
- You will develop and deliver robust management information (MI) to support the Procurement & Supply Chain (PSC) team. You will analyse and report the key data for spend, sourcing, benefits, suppliers and contracts.
- Your responsibility will be to continuously develop robust and actionable metrics that drive the desired behaviours and provide strategic insight. You will take responsibility for the balanced business scorecard for the function.
- You will report on PSC operational performance including SLA and savings performance and provide visibility on project pipeline, achievements, issues and risks to drive performance.
- We will expect you to deliver Performance & Risk reports for the monthly forums. Review the status of the key suppliers, looking at any key systemic control issues which are Group wide and require intervention and also review high level supplier compliance and assurance outputs and status.
- We will ask you to produce monthly workflow pipelines for both category teams and key partners. Work with Sourcing Managers to ensure the data in Web3 (eSourcing tool) is accurate and the reporting meaningful.
- You will be expected to undertake analysis projects in relation to spend, business requirements, tender evaluation, compliance, commercial management and other ad hoc requests.
- Handling the monthly functional performance management cycle and ensuring timely and accurate reporting will also be a part of your role.
- You will own the monthly benefits reporting process for both claims and non-claims. This will include reviewing forecast benefits, reconciliation of monthly reported figures and analysis of all ‘in validation’ benefits.
- You will handle stakeholder expectations on all reports and analysis projects, and ensure that the service delivered meets or exceeds these requirements.
- You will actively seek feedback from internal partners and customers to ensure reporting aligns with business objectives.
Skills and Qualities:
- Do you have previous reporting and/or analytical experience? This role is suitable for a recent graduate with a relevant experience.
- Have you worked as an analyst or hold a commercial/procurement role?
- We are looking for a person with an excellent attention to detail- Are you one of them?
- Can you communicate effectively and showcase stakeholder management skills?
- Are you a great teammate who can work independently?
- Mircosoft Excel and Powerpoint - a great working knowledge
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.