Direct Line Group has an excellent opportunity to join one of our accident repair centres that offer access to an unrivalled amount of training which is just one of the reasons why so many people choose to progress their career with us. So, as well as a dedication to developing your skills, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards that include a company pension, discounts on insurance and financial performance awards.
You will be supporting DLG Auto Services Repair Centres Manager in the supervision and coordination of the transport, ensuring the efficient running to maximise customer satisfaction.This will include
- Supervises the transport team.
- Ensure all vehicles are collected/delivered within SLA.
- Manage the courtesy car fleet.
- Manage overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
- Manage sublet requirements
- Ensure H&S checks are completed by drivers
- Manage inspections and repairs of fleet through daily inspections
- Ensure Tachographs are filled out and records maintained
- Complete month end working time directive report.
- Ensures that all customers are shown round vehicle before delivery
- Liase with local repairing workshop and fleet compliance controller to ensure trucks meet 6 weeks safety checks
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Previous bodyshop accident transport controller experience is essential, along with a proven track record of motivating staff to deliver a quality service on time and on budget.
- Understanding of mechanical principles relevant to role.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard, whilst adhering to stringent H&S procedures
- Excellent communication skills
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.