Direct Line Group has an excellent opportunity to join one of our accident repair centres that offer access to a unique amount of training which is just one of the reasons why so many people choose to progress their career with us. So, as well as a dedication to developing your skills, you’ll benefit from a wide range of rewards that include a company pension, discounts on insurance and financial performance awards.
You will be supporting DLG Auto Services Repair Centres Manager in the supervision and coordination of the available transport, ensuring the efficient running of the transport services to maximise customer satisfaction.
This will include
- You will supervises the whole transport team ensuring all vehicles are collected/delivered within SLA.
- You will lead the courtesy car fleet and manage all your teams overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
- You will manage all our sublet requirements
- Ensure H&S checks are completed by drivers
- You will lead all inspections and repairs of fleet through daily inspections ensuring all Tachographs are filled out and records maintained
- Complete month end working time directive report.
- Ensures that all customers are shown round vehicle before delivery
- Liase with local repairing workshop and fleet compliance controller to ensure all trucks meet 6 weeks safety checks
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- Previous bodyshop accident transport controller experience is essential, along with a consistent track record of motivating staff to deliver a quality service on time and on budget.
- Understanding of the mechanical principles relevant to role.
- You will have the ability to work alone and as part of a team in a pressurised environment.
- You will have the ability to prioritise your work and complete it to a high standard, whilst adhering to our stringent H&S procedures
- Excellent communication skills