At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
As part of this, we are now recruiting a Sourcing Specialist to join our Procurement team. This is a full time, 9 months FTC role in our Bromley office.
Purpose of the role:
The Sourcing Specialist is to support the implementation of the DLG Contract Management and Procurement (CM&P) strategy across their area of responsibility, delivering sourcing projects that have a moderate level of complexity and business impact.
You will be responsible for managing DLG’s external supplier spend within the delegated areas of activity driving breakthrough results for DLG through effective development and delivery of sourcing and contracting strategies.
What being a Procurement Specialist involves:
- Strategy – delivery of sourcing and contracting strategies across a range of categories in line with the category strategies, accessing suppliers which deliver best in market and innovative solutions for the business
- Sourcing – accountable for the delivery of sourcing activity, including RFX, RFP, supplier negotiations and contracting, ensuring compliance with DLG sourcing policy and minimum standards. Deliver predictable business outcomes in terms of savings and business improvements on all project work. Display detailed knowledge of cost drivers, markets and risks through management of sourcing projects that deliver tangible commercial benefit to DLG. Utilise the knowledge and expertise in the category and shared services teams to deliver fully aligned and best in class innovative solutions
- Contracting – To ensure that contractual arrangements are aligned with supplier and relationship strategies to deliver maximum commercial benefit to DLG whilst adequately protecting DLG from adverse risk exposure
- Strategy Implementation – to proactively support all commercial aspects of implementation, including on-boarding and exit of suppliers, change management requests and ongoing supplier management issues and disputes
- Stakeholder Management – To work in a way that positively engages the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills. Build credibility with key business stakeholders through knowledge and delivery to earn trusted business advisor status
- Business Requirements – To have a keen insight and understanding of business requirements. To help shape and influence requirements and specifications with the stakeholders
- Systems and processes – utilise all DLG procurement systems as required and deliver procurement projects in line with the DLG procurement process and standards
- Role Models – The incumbents will be expected to act as exemplars and role models, and deliver role model examples of good practice which can be shared and adopted throughout DLG
- Project and Change Management – The complexity of categories and projects requires project management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internal and external through to successful completion. Ensure project governance is in place for all projects within the Categories. Identification, monitoring and management and reporting of project progress and risk across all projects
Skills and Qualities you'll need:
- Previous sourcing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse and present data
- Previous experience of project management
- A strong Commercial Acumen
- Previous experience in a similar role
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.