At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
Why not join our Digital team within Direct Line for Business? Here at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Digital Performance Analyst; from our head office in Bromley. This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Purpose of the role
This is a key role that will be responsible for timely production and communication of digital performance data and insight, supported by detailed analysis and commentary enabling stakeholders to focus on areas that will drive improved performance online. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to champion our unique data-set within the business to drive excitement, understanding and ultimately, the optimisation of our sites.
What being a Digital Performance Analyst involves:
- Support marketing, digital and business stakeholders with analysis of digital performance, commercial and customer data.
- Confidently understand business performance across our products, and as the go-to analytics lead provide timely and relevant weekly reports to ensure stakeholders know what is happening to digital performance specifically.
- Use data to propose areas of investigation, potential changes and A/B testing opportunities on the website.
- Feed into Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) efforts, using data, analytics and insight to help drive decision making.
- Produce regular and proactive detailed analysis into aspects of the digital journey to pull out trends, opportunities and issues to enhance both business performance and customer experience, working with marketing and digital colleagues to bring your ideas to fruition.
- Work with digital colleagues to measure and track impact of digital changes and A/B tests. Ensure learning’s are conducted, collected and shared.
- Deliver any ad-hoc requests for digital performance data, from a range of stakeholders.
- Think creatively about how to showcase the data and insight you produce for stakeholders, to ensure effective delivery.
- Support marketing and digital channel objectives and KPI’s, and analyse actual performance data against forecast.
- Provide governance for our analytics tools.
- Where needed, support stakeholders when developing a benefits case for proposed digital change initiatives through provision of detailed quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Weekly website performance, commercial & customer reports
- Detailed deep-dive analysis across multiple digital customer journeys
- Presentations for stakeholders answering key questions about digital customer behaviour and website trends
- Budgets, forecasts, performance results and gap analysis
- Data to support business cases development
- Ongoing governance of analytical tools and processes
- Advanced skills in using analytics tools to generate detailed MI reporting
- Proficient in Adobe Analytics
- Experience with Adobe Target preferred but not essential
- Ability to undertake statistical analysis and to provide strategic insights
- Confident in optimising digital journey’s and sales funnels
- Strong problem-solving
- Engaging communication skills
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.