Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other. Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
Who you'll be working with
The team focusses on price optimisation for Motor New Business, across both direct and PCW channels, for our own brands – Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege. By considering market behaviour, price sensitivity, and profitability (on a one year and lifetime basis), we set prices to ensure that key business targets around profit, volume and premium are met.
What being a Pricing Analyst involves:
- Assist with analysis, build and development of all Optimisation models, component models and pricing strategies and ensure their appropriate use and application with a responsibility for ensuring robustness of output.
- Assist with the running of any regular processes required to ensure the delivery of optimised rates.
- Unlock the value of new data sources and identify innovative analytical methods.
- Develop and embed analytical tools to monitor performance and effectiveness of models on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose and suggest areas of development.
- Assist with the delivery of projects in a dedicated, timely and accurate manner, providing insights, impacts and recommendations.
- Analyse large and complex data sets to uncover actionable new insights, presenting findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels in a clear and understandable way.
- Provide analysis and support as required across the Pricing function.
- Suggest recommendations to improve DLG’s Optimisation, pricing and wider modelling capabilities and to work towards their wider adoption, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure findings are effectively communicated across the team.
- Consider and allow for regulatory changes and their impact on Optimisation.
- Work with the BICC team / pricing systems / etc. to automate data production for processes that can be transferred.
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills and be able to demonstrate personal effectiveness.
- A standout colleague but also be able to use your own initiative.
- Experience of within a similar analytical, pricing or statistical role.
- Ability to translate complex information into strategic insight and communicate to senior partners.
- Ability to interrogate data sets and draw relevant conclusions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics or a related degree, with ideally a postgraduate qualification or making progress towards a professional actuarial/statistical/insurance qualification.
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.