At DLG Legal Services, our mission is to make law easy and accessible to everyone. As part of the Direct Line Group, we provide legal services to over 50,000 DLG customers each year. Customers can access our legal Adviceline team and our growing list of services includes personal injury, employment, property, inheritance, and contract litigation. We also support our parent group, litigating on their behalf.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who will lead and inspire the PI and Motor Litigation Department. This will include our solicitors, legal executives and paralegals, in the delivery of effective outcomes for all non portal personal injury and motor related litigation for the business.
Someone who has a strong legal background - qualified solicitor with a significant level of relevant litigation experience and expertise, sufficient to be considered a subject matter expert and deliver the requirements of this role with credibility and from a position of knowledge.
You will lead the department to ensure an efficient, profitable and effectiave operation providing exemplary customer service to the clients of the business.
We are offering a 12 month fixed term, full time contract .
What you'll be doing:
- You will be accountable for continuously driving performance by setting and delivering on appropriate operational and financial targets and monitoring progress towards those targets.
- Ensuring the department meet critical metric and audit targets.
- Running resources across operational teams to ensure optimum workloads for all staff and to meet budgetary requirements.
- Managing process adherence and process improvement.
- Supporting the development of the department best practice and the client experience through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing leadership and direction regarding personal injury and motor claims handling strategy.
- Driving efficiencies and ensure costs are suitably controlled.
- Acting as a legal expert on relevant areas of law providing specialist technical and/or legal oversight to support the teams.
- Ensuring the provision of expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support to clients.
- Ensuring that client satisfaction and complaints are monitored and tracked on a regular basis and is utilised to drive improvements.
- Ensuring that the client experience is central to departmental activity, supporting fair and effective decision-making.
- Ensuring the department meets the requirements of DLG Legal Services risk framework and the wider Direct Line Group risk framework.
- Working with the COFA and COLP to ensure the business operates in line with all legal and regulatory expectations
- Driving a high performance, positive culture and behaviours.
- Setting the example by modelling positive behaviours, continuous improvement principles and effective problem solving.
- Building and maintain relationships with within the department and in working with other individuals and departments across the business as well as maintaining a good working relationship with the wider Direct Line Group, suppliers and other external organisations.
- Ensuring individuals in the department are motivated and appropriately trained, working with the Professional Development Manager to address any knowledge/training requirements
- Developing self in order to maximise personal contribution to the role and to the wider business.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.