A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Financial Analyst on a permanent, full-time basis. The role of Senior Financial Analyst, involves working within the Group Financial Planning and Analysis (GFP&A) team to actively work with business areas to lead and improve the forecasting processes, including the 5 year Strategic Plan. In addition, supporting the Senior Forecast Manager and Head of GFP&A to provide executive level analysis of business performance.
- Controlling and developing a suite of significant analysis and reports to support the review and challenge of the forecast. Ensuring current developments in reporting are embraced and reports are distributed on time.
- Assisting in the development and co-ordination of the forecast timetable and supporting governance. Being a key contact to business for all forecast issues and query resolution. Managing/communicating issues and risks in the forecasting process.
- Handling and developing the downstream activities to convert business area inputs into financial documents (Cost allocations, DAC, Claims Handling expenses)
- Actively working with business areas to improve the forecasting processes including developing and running various Excel and PowerPoint templates to collect and analyse data across the various areas of the business, including Risk.
- Responsibility for the delivery of total (and legal entity) level DLG Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecast, as part of the strategic forecasting cycle. Working with Investment and Treasury to ensure appropriate investment forecast based on sound robust cash flows.
- Maintaining version control and data integrity liaising with Systems as required. Clearly communicating with the Forecasting community.
- Acquiring a wide knowledge of the business, including understanding strategic plans and developments.
- Support in the production of ExCo level analysis
- Undertaking ad-hoc requests as necessary to satisfy both internal and external customers.
- Building and managing relationships with multiple partners in the business to support their information requirements.
- Professional Finance Qualification or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience of financial accounting or capital modelling.
- Previous experience of crafting senior level reporting and presentations.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with senior partners in multi-disciplinary teams across DLG Insurance.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.