A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Database Analyst on a permanent, full-time basis in our Bromley office.
As a Marketing Database Analyst you will work closely with the campaign planning and selections team, your key responsibility will be maintaining the Marketing database. This is a weekly process which involves extracting and providing our internal data to a third party to create our SCV (single customer view). There are additional sources which also require maintaining to ensure that Customer Marketing have all the data they need for selections, profiling and analysis. Other responsibilities are to support the wider Marketing department with data-related requirements such as Shotgun.
What being a Marketing Database Analyst involves:
- Maintaining the Marketing database - All of the team depend on this to deliver Direct Marketing campaign selections and analysis, and so you will ensure that the warehouse is accurate and refreshed regularly.
- Maintaining the additional sources for the Marketing database - You will be responsible to ensure that the additional sources for Marketing database are refreshed and up-to-date for the campaign selections activity. Currently these include matching and appending external sources information and building and maintain the cold prospect pool.
- Producing Monthly MI on the Marketing database - Maintain and update the monthly campaign MI reporting.
- Maintaining the Shotgun database - Our Direct Line Shotgun app is designed to reduce the number of deaths in young drivers. You will liaise with the Shotgun Marketing Manager to ensure that the database is up-to-date and produce weekly MI, and any additional adhoc counts required for them.
- Updating from price substantiation price - Every quarter the BTL campaign team require up-to-date from price substantiation for use on for marketing materials.
- Scheduling Maintenance - Campaign Selections have many jobs on our internal scheduler tool Roboman. You will be responsible to ensure that jobs are running as per their scheduled slot, and if required report back any issues to the analyst who owns the code. Additionally, you will add any new jobs if required.
Skills and Qualities you'll need:
- Enthusiastic and proactive - DLG is fast paced, and so you will enjoy working in such an environment.
- Driven - You will have the drive to play your part in pushing forward with the transformation of the team.
- Hybrid - To be a successful team it is important for all of our work to be accurate. You will need to able to work with detail and logic, and have an excellent attention to detail. The team also need to be commercially focused. So you will also need to be able to work at a high-level, able to see the bigger picture and establish how the team contributes to this and has the ability to improve it.
- Articulate - You will be working with people of different levels of commercial acumen and technical knowledge and so you will need to be able confidently tailor your communications to the audience.
- You will be a confident SAS user, with solid experience of coding using SAS Base, and SAS Macro.
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.