At DLG Legal Services, our mission is to make law easy and accessible to everyone. As part of the Direct Line Group, we provide legal services to over 50,000 DLG customers each year. Customers can access our legal Adviceline team and our growing list of services includes personal injury, employment, property, inheritance, and contract litigation. We also support our parent group, litigating on their behalf.
Who are we looking for?
We are now looking to recruit an Senior Employment Litigator into our Bristol team on a full time, permanent basis. In our Bristol office we have a team of litigators acting for customers on a broad range of employment disputes.
What will you be doing?
The role involves handling a mixed caseload of employment claims of varying degrees of complexity. You will be taking initial instructions, providing clear and accurate legal advice while promptly progressing claims in a timely manner. The whole process will be done in line with the terms of the client’s legal expenses insurance policy.
What will be your responsibility?
- You will act for clients on the full range of employment disputes, handle conduct of the claims from the initial assessment stage through to final hearing and beyond to enforcement where appropriate.
- You will provide accurate and clear legal advice, handle clients’ expectations and explain decisions and the steps in the claims process clearly and succinctly.
- You will deliver a professional service to clients by providing timely and accurate advice, as well as handling their expectations.
- You will apply a consistent approach to assessing the legal merits of claims.
- Your responsibility will be to record time spent accurately and maintain accurate system records
- You will identify and own and handle the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role. This will be kept in line with the relevant risk framework and in compliance with all DLG Legal Services policies and procedures and the SRA Code of Conduct at all times.
- You will lead your learning & development needs and opportunities for self-progression.
- You will work together with colleagues to build relationships with other departments and suppliers.You will act as a Subject matter Expert to your peers.
- You will support the strategic development of department standard methodology, product performance, and the customer experience through continuous improvement initiatives.
What skills are required?
- You will need to have experience in handling a caseload of employment claims.
- You will either need to be a Solicitor, Legal Executive or a Paralegal with relevant experience.
- A deep understanding of employment law and Employment Tribunal procedure is essential.
- An experience of dealing with Legal Expenses Insurance-funded claims would also be desirable but not essential.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri), working hours 9am-5pm, flexible working available.
Salary: Depending on up to £48400 per annum + up to 10% bonus
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.