Direct Line Group has an excellent opportunity to join one of our accident repair centres that offer access to a unique amount of training which is just one of the reasons why so many people choose to progress their career with us. So, as well as a dedication to developing your skills, you’ll benefit from a wide range of rewards that include a great company pension, discounts on insurance products and financial performance awards.
- You will have responsibility for collecting and delivering cars within the agreed timescales, ensuring that the customer receives the very best possible service on collection and delivery of their car, ensuring all cash and credit card transactions are accounted for and that all transactions are processed in line with Blueprint and company procedures.
- You will complete forms to indicate any damage on the car, and specify accident related damage and highlight any old damage, take digital photographs – and gain a signature from the customer.
- You will highlight any defects identified during loading/unloading of vehicles or as identified at the hand over of the vehicle to the customer and bring to the attention of the(Senior) Repair Controller.
- You will also ensure all jobs are referenced and filed on completion of job.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- A strong experience of driving and ideally recovery.
- Be very customer focused and have great customer handling skills.
- You will have a good knowledge of the area local to repair centre.
- Hold a current valid driving license, which meets the fleet insurance criteria and where appropriate holds a Class ‘C’ LGV Licence.
- You will be required to hold a Driver 'Certificate of Professional Competence' (CPC)
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and accept that people work in different ways.
We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.