An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Underwriter on a permanent, full-time basis to join our Glasgow office.
What we’re looking for:
You will have significant previous underwriting experience. We want someone with excellent communication skills who can deliver a high-quality service to our brokers and build strong relationships. You will ideally have experience of dealing with commercial insurance brokers in the Scottish market.
What you'll be doing:
- Support in the delivery of the Regions New Business Plans
- Deliver Profitability Plans
- Effective usage and timely update of Tools and Systems
- Meeting and where possible, exceeding brokers service levels and expectations.
- Building relationships with key broker personnel to support business goals
- Ensuring all activities are carried out within Governance Frameworks and Underwriting guidelines
- Ensuring personal output is accurate and timely
- Contribute to the wider business activities
- Improving own contribution through active self-development
What we’ll give you
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skillset and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you and your family as well as a range of other optional benefits.
Hours: 35 hours (Monday - Friday 9am-5pm)
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment.
We also know that your Life/Work balance may mean that ‘normal’ working hours are not always the right fit for you! But just contact our team, we're always happy to chat through your requirements and see what is doable.
If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.