We now have a great opportunity to join Direct Line for Business (DL4B) within the new change function that's been created for DL4B. DL4B is a specialist direct commercial insurer and in this role you will be at the heart of our ambitious growth plans by disrupting the SME commercial insurance market by getting customers to buy direct through new technology and transforming the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the technical design and delivery of the commercial insurance products for DL4B through the components in business control on the new platform called EVO
- Provide coaching to the other developers on standard methodologies in software engineering and configuration, continuously improve development standards
- Maintain and improve the testing automation code ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Ensure changes are made within the platform governance and deployed safely.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Configure and change the platform according to the specifications and requirements provided following agile practices for testing and deployment of changes
- Focusing on building re-usable assets and driving continuous integration practices in the team utilising agile methodologies and development standard methodologies within the team including documentation of changes, coding the best practise and maintenance of development artefacts.
- Support the platform lead in the technical design and maintenance of the testing automation framework with a focus on maintainability, extensibility and traceability of business outcomes from user stories through to test results
- Collaborate with our business, technical partners and interfaces to drive solutions to business issues and requests for change.
- Develop an understanding of our business and incorporating industry standard methodology into our business processes, as well as maintaining an understanding of FCA and TCF principles and ensuring customer conduct is at the heart of all decision making
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the technology platforms and the processes used by the business to find opportunities or weaknesses in our current approach to improve the business and how we deliver change
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of Java and web services development using SOAP or REST
- Demonstrable experience of test automation tools such as junit, TestNG or any UI test automation tool
- Desirable to have an understanding of software tools including Maven, Inteli-J/Eclipse and static analysis tools such as SonarQube.
- Desirable experience of Cucumber and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Desirable experience of Selenium.
- Desirable experience of Soap UI, Apache CFX
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile environment and tools such as JIRA or similar
- Demonstrable ability to be self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment
What we’ll give you
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skillset and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you and your family as well as a range of other optional benefits.
35 hours per week, Monday-Friday (9am-5pm)
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.