What we’re looking for:
Do you have good solid knowledge of reserving methodologies?
Are you a confident communicator at all levels?
If so, we may have just the opportunity you are looking for!
We are an experienced team of Actuaries specialising across a number of business critical areas and we are on the lookout for an Associate Manager to join us.
You’ll have good commercial acumen and wider finance understanding along with being a strong communicator and avid problem solver.
You will provide actuarial technical expertise delivering day to day reserving, forecasting, monitoring and associated business decision making.
Who you’ll be working with:
You’ll work with a large range of teams including Product, Category, Claims, Finance and Risk.
We’re a hardworking bunch who like to get the job done and no two days are ever the same!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, plan, manage and deliver specific broad and/or complex tasks and projects in a pro-active, timely and accurate manner, providing insights and recommendations; lead specialised investigations, produce reports and contribute to the delivery of presentations to internal stakeholders; identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to this role, in line with the company risk framework.
- Research and build complex models for specific tasks for reserving or for other uses, ensuring that these use appropriate techniques and are effective, efficient, high quality, documented and verifiable.
- Interact effectively with peers in other areas of the business to help communicate the work carried out by Corporate Actuarial, and to build individual knowledge of wider company processes; communicate learning and provide feedback into planning discussions within the team.
- Communicate effectively within your team and to external stakeholders to ensure thorough and accurate understanding of issues and resolutions, within your team and across the wider business. Build strong stakeholder relationships and organisational network.
- Manage the performance and development of Analysts; review work, considering the outcome of the specific task; provide feedback and create opportunities for learning in day to day activities.
- Maintain awareness of, and comply on an ongoing basis, with the requirements of relevant professional/legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks, e.g. Technical Actuarial Standards, IPL, SII, IFRS 17 & UK GAAP requirements.
What we’ll give you:
We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
We also have quiz nights, team lunches, wellness walks and team nights out – we’re always on the move. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you and your family as well as a range of other optional benefits!