COVID -19 update
We’re actively looking for people to join our teams and we’re committed in protecting your health and wellbeing during every step of our recruitment process. If you’re successful in securing a role with us you’ll find we’ll be doing things a little bit differently! This may mean you’ll initially join our team working from home. During this time we’ll work with you to make sure you have the tools and equipment you need and that you feel part of our amazing DLG team!
We’re an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance easier and better value for our customers. So, we’re providing amazing, evolving products and services that are just what people need. And amazing, evolving careers for people like you. This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Commercial Pricing team.
“Our goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight”
- Use a wide range of data sources to create reports and analysis, for stakeholders and customers
- Develop advanced analytical and automated processes
- Search the market for external datasets to predict claims, and compare these datasets against our policy data, to provide business cases
- Create live apps, using internal data to provide insight for the business
- Engage with teams around the business to share knowledge and ideas
- Track key performance indicators and report on a monthly basis.
- Strengthen our internal data science capabilities by innovating and driving new ideas
- Ability to compare and contrast suitable machine learning techniques for producing weather models
- Experience in using Arc GIS and ESRI cloud
- Experience in creating predictive rating factors using spatial data and GIS software
- Knowledge of geospatial perils such as flood risk, windstorm formation and subsidence. Experience in hydrology/meteorology field is preferred.
- Ability to convert geographical insight into business intelligence
- Experience in distinguishing the difference in insurance risk, from geographical data, using the appropriate claims modelling techniques
- Experience in building and developing analytical solutions
- Expertise in working with a variety of data formats
- Experience in designing solutions to fit a business need
- The drive to innovate and solve problems, using the available resource
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders and understand business objectives, in order to create an analytical solution
- Commercial knowledge and understanding that all systems should drive either commercial or operational benefit
- Experience in working with data suppliers, and comparing their products
- The capability to embed new data techniques into the business through role modelling and training
We are looking for an innovative thinker, who can use data to clarify and simplify complex ideas.
You must have a background which includes:
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. Alteryx, SAS, Python) and database languages
- Presenting using BI tools such as Tableau and Qlik
- Experience in the use of GIS software will be an advantage
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment.
We also know that your Life/Work balance may mean that ‘normal’ working hours are not always the right fit for you! But just contact our team, we're always happy to chat through your requirements and see what is doable.
If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.