Commercial Direct Motor Claims Handler
Commercial Direct Motor Claims Handler (Full Time, Permanent Position)
Birmingham - (Hybrid)
Let's make the most of your talent
We are looking for proactive, experienced claims handlers to join our Birmingham location to be part of our team to play an important part in our Commercial customer claims journey.
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be a dedicated handler, managing the first notification to settlement, making decisions, liability, litigation and credit hire.
- Our products include single van policies, using multiple means of communication such as phone, email, and text to ensure the customers damaged vehicle is dealt with to get customers back on the road and avoid any delays or changes so they can continue with their business.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end handling of each claim, providing excellent customer service, to support to our customers at a time of need.
- As a Commercial Motor Claims Handler you will take ownership of managing your own dedicated client portfolio – which will consist primarily of C4B and VW brand claims.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in motor claims, with an understanding of insurance principles.
- Excellent customer service with good attention to detail, as bespoke handling agreements are crucial to us and our customers
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to work with important stakeholders - both internally and externally
Closing Date – 27th February 2024
Hours - We offer a fixed working pattern Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am – 5pm, excluding bank holidays with a 35 hour contract. We also offer a hybrid working model, based in our office in Birmingham.
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team of brilliant individuals, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be.
We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every single one of us brings.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.
What we’ll give you in return:
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Read our flexible working approach here.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Let’s Be Brilliant For Our Customers!
It always feels good, helping people when they need it most. Taking calls, helping customers with queries, finding the right insurance product for their lifestyle. Helping to keep people safe on the roadside when their vehicle breaks down. Being a reassuring presence when someone needs to make a claim. Our contact centre teams give customers all kinds of support. It can get busy, but the culture, training and friendly teams are great here.
The Brands We Work With
Our Customer Service advisors support our customers with a wide range of products and services across some of the UKs well-known brands. As an advisor you may find yourself working across many of these brands including Direct Line, Direct Line for Business, Churchill and Green Flag. Other brands we have are Motability, Privilege, DLG Auto Services, DLG Legal Services and Darwin.
Nobody has all the answers.
Think, act and win as one team to deliver great outcomes for our customers each and every day.
Draw upon diverse skills and perspectives, testing and iterating as you go.
Collaborate, communicate and be inclusive.
We want the real, whole you and value diverse perspectives, ideas and opinions. So feel confident and empowered. Believe in yourself as much as we do.
Be you, have fun, and make this a great place to be.
Make it happen. Spot the opportunities, take the initiative and be accountable.
Be brave, innovative and embrace new challenges, doing what’s right not what’s easy. Keep it simple and take risks in a positive way.
Develop new skills, own your own career path and push your talents to the limit.
We need different perspectives, so your input matters. Ask questions, make suggestions, raise concerns but be respectful and make the space to listen to others. Face into difficult conversations so we continue to evolve and improve.
There’s no one quite like you. Together, we'll uncover your strengths using tailored strategies if needed. Let's bring out the best in you.
What Our Colleagues Say
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle: