Data Analyst (financial reporting/solvency)
Direct Line Group is one of the UK's largest insurance companies and home to some of the best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the ethical use of data by complying with core DLG policies, statutory and regulatory framework(s).
- Identify changes required in the Solvency Data Warehouse and reporting mart and designing solutions to facilitate these.
- Support as a subject matter expert throughout the development of any required changes.
- Draw up test scenarios, reviewing the output and identifying any discrepancies.
- Process monthly data loads.
- Carry reconciliation exercises and liaise with technical partners to resolve any discrepancies.
- Generate extracts, reporting marts and views for a variety of partners.
- Update parameter tables.
What we're looking for:
We're looking a candidate able to deconstruct and simplify technical challenges. You will work to deadlines in step with financial reporting cycles.
A background within financial services is desirable, particularly in investment or fund management.
- Expert knowledge of SQL & Excel (can perform complex functions) .
- Experience documenting information for both developers & audit purposes
- Experience designing test scenarios and reviewing the results
- SAS and Teradata experience would be advantageous
- Jira and Confluence experience would be advantageous
Who you'll be working with:
You will work as part of our Solvency II team, which contains a mixture of SAS developers and analysis and sits within the Data Enabling function. You will report to a Data Chapter Lead.
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
Life at Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.