Roadside Patrol Team Leader
We're Green Flag, part of the Direct Line Group (DLG) and we've been helping motorists all over the country since 1971. We are an award-winning brand having recently been named the top breakdown cover provider in the Finder 2022 Customer Satisfaction Awards, independently voted for by consumers.
It's an exciting time for us that's why we're thrilled to grow our teams and looking for people to join as Roadside Patrol Team Leader
What you'll do
This is a permanent role.
This role will operate on a 50/50 split initially, of both roadside patrol duties and Team Leader responsibilities, as the role develops this may change.
You will be contracted to work 40 hours, five days a week, starting on a shift pattern with operating hours between 7am and 8pm Monday to Sunday, with the opportunity to do overtime, you choose. You will be provided with a Green Flag vehicle and start your day from your home
- Be proactive and efficient in attending, assessing, and repairing customers’ cars within agreed timescales and make smart decisions and take ownership to meet customers’ demands and get them back on the road as soon as possible.
- Protect our customers by ensuring to get it right for them and do it in the safest and most secure way.
- Be responsible for day-to-day remote management of a patrol force team. Including management of individual Roadside Technicians performance and personal development.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to maximising roadside revenue opportunities whilst meeting the needs of our customers.
- Own, track and report performance and sustainability metrics to the Area Manager, in accordance with the Green Flag patrol force strategy.
- Drive patrol performance and ensure performance metrics are consistently achieved across your team.
- Ensure that safe working practices are embedded at the heart of the Green Flag patrol force.
- Collaborate with roadside area manager to ensure that any payments by the roadside are processed in line with business procedures and in a legally compliant way.
- Complete processes to indicate damage on car whilst specifying steps taken to solve the problem and gain signature from customer and complete other vehicle repair related documents.
- Support the business in achieving Average Claims Cost targets by maximising roadside repairs and minimising additional strokes/recoveries.
- Ensure the best use of resource to meet customer demands and achieve operational metrics.
- Oversee safeguarding of the Green Flag patrol force, including but not limited to lone working requirements.
- Oversee the vehicle maintenance of the Green Flag patrol force fleet.
- Process any insurance claims as a result of an accident involving a Roadside Technician.
- Take ownership for all associated people management activities of direct reports such as recruitment, onboarding & induction, leavers process, talent/succession planning, engagement action planning, team cost management and development/career planning.
- Capacity planning.
- Evaluate patrol performance and ensure appropriate performance and sustainability metrics are met for your team.
What you'll need
Live and breathe the “People Leadership” qualities within the DLG leadership framework.
Develop effective coaching relationships to support the growth of the patrol force and capability throughout the team, providing timely structured feedback on progress and performance.
Translate business strategy into meaningful direction and priorities for your team to achieve, providing support and guidance and maintaining clear accountability for the individual.
Collaboration with the Patrol Dispatch Manager to optimise the customer claims journey.
Develop, sustain, and improve relationships across the extended Rescue Leadership team and associated teams.
Awareness and adherence to all Risk, Governance and HR policies and processes.
Who you'll work with
We know you've heard this all before, but the culture here at Green Flag part of the Direct Line Group (DLG) really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you'll see it in the way that we think and work, it's all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be, no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them!
We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It's an indefinable "DLGness" that makes us who we are, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
You will be part of a team of roadside patrol operatives in your region reporting to an area manager
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.