Technical Commercial Underwriter
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Commercial Underwriter on a permanent, full-time basis to join our team within NIG.
The successful candidate will form part of a Team, developing existing networks and trading with brokers across the Midlands to provide an exceptional level of service for our clients.
This role can be mainly undertaken from the comfort of your home where you will be required to come into Birmingham office once a week (Friday).
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone who can efficiently underwrite and manage existing business enquiries whilst consistently maintaining excellent broker relationships. You will have significant previous Property and Casualty, Motor Trade and Fleet underwriting experience. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who can deliver a high-quality service to our brokers and build strong external relationships along with key internal stakeholders
Who you will be working with:
You will be part of a cross classed, multi-skilled team, working closely with our sales distribution panel & key stakeholders, to work to our existing business targets individually & as part of the team
What you'll be doing:
You will retain and develop profitable business from brokers serviced by your Region by improving your underwriting and trading skills and delivering a high quality service to your Regions brokers by:
- Delivery of Existing Business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Delivering quality broker service in line with Broker Segmentation service levels
- Developing effective working relationships to support in delivery of objectives and understand their Broker Panel
- Effective usage and update of Tools and Systems
- Acting as a referral point for lower level PUAs and support in improving underwriting capability
- Contributing to wider business activities, including support given to Regional Underwriters
Work hours:35 hrs/week
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.