Legal Claims Handler - Non Bodily Injury
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
The purpose of the Legal Expenses Claims department Is to enable our customers to get access to justice, for them to recover compensation or another kind of legal remedy from the person who has wronged them, and for them to do this without fear of paying hefty legal bills.
We’re often helping our customers through some of the most challenging periods of their lives, where they're being impacted physically, financially, or where their home or employment is jeopardised. This means we’re dealing with a huge range of issues, complexity, and often very challenging customer vulnerability and behaviours.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for Legal Claims Handlers to join our Legal Expenses (Technical & Large Loss) team based in Bristol on a full-time and Permanent basis.
Skills you will need:
- 1 year legal expenses claims handling or other disciplines of claims handling experience
- OR Law degree, Cilex or similar qualification
What you will be doing:
Reporting to Legal Expenses Team Leader, a non bodily injury claims handler will be on either the Civil Litigation team, Employment team, or Formal Complaints team.
Your critical thinking and interpretation of information when assessing and validating claims will achieve the right outcomes for our customers and our business. You’ll be asking questions of legal representatives; and making the right decisions on policy cover and costs that DLG will be liable to pay.
We value contributions and input from our people, allowing DLG to be one of Britain's leading general Insurers, offering millions of customer’s decades of experience and knowledge.
- Assessing and validating indemnity for all claims made under the terms of the Legal Expenses policy and determine Freedom of Choice of solicitor
- Instructing the appropriate Legal Representation for the Legal claim and manage the limit of indemnity and the legal cost spend provided to the appointed legal representative
- Working with our customers, handling their problems, and achieving the right outcome for every customer in a timely and professional way
- Authorising repudiation or rejection of claim in line with business rule
- Managing customers’ expectations, explaining decisions succinctly and well, and what will happen next in the claims process, and resolving problems and concerns, providing compensation when right to do so
- Ensure understanding and adherence to Consumer Duty requirements
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 9% Private Pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Life at Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Home working: Hybrid model (1 day a week in the office)
Working hours: 35 hours a week Monday- Friday