Business Risk Analyst
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag, and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives- giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
To help us deliver on this vision and purpose, we're transforming our systems, products, and services, and constantly innovating for the future - in the evolution to be a forward-thinking technology and data company. Servicing millions of customers each year, and employing over 10,000 employees, minimising risk for our customers and employees is so crucial to the success of DLG.
Aligned to the wider business transformation, our Risk and Compliance function has embarked on its own 2-year transformation journey with the aim to reposition and rebrand Risk through a re-energised vision and leadership team under our new Chief Risk Officer (CRO), as well as scaled up capabilities through investment in our people and in technology, while reviewing the framework, strategy, and overall risk appetite.
There's a lot to do here, and it's exciting. As our CRO says, we're on a journey to make DLG "Risk Positive". We're looking for people who are excited by the challenge of becoming a cutting-edge Risk function, and as a result we have a fantastic opportunity to join DLG as a Business Risk Analyst.
To support the Head of Business Risk by providing data-led insight of operational risk matters, through the analysis of risk metrics, management information and interaction with key stakeholders.
What you'll be doing:
Support Operational Risk oversight and challenge of Group and business area risk profiles, through:
- Using the Group risk management system, Horizon, to provide thorough analysis of risk actions, events, controls, metrics and management information (MI)
- Work with the business to ensure the completeness and accuracy of risk information contained within Horizon, including its compliance with the Enterprise Risk Strategy & Framework (ERMF) and Risk Management Process Minimum Standard;
- Maintain and drive forward continuous improvements to key operational risk documentation to support decision making including the Aggregated Operational Risk Log and Challenge Log process;
- Review and challenge controls and actions to ensure appropriateness to address any gaps identified;
- Regular engagement with wider Risk teams to understand any compliance, regulatory or financial themes affecting business area risk profiles (with support of Risk Manager)
Provide active support in the management and oversight of DLG’s Operational Risk Appetite through:
- Production of monthly reporting on Operational Risk to the Operational Risk Committee (ORC), including provision of an aggregated view of Operational Risk as well as any notable Events and Actions for discussion and review (with support of Risk Manager);
- Conducting thematic and deep-dive reviews across the operational risk universe to provide assurance that Group-level operational risks are appropriately articulated and rated, with appropriate addressing actions (where necessary);
- Working collaboratively with the Risk Framework team to facilitate activities (where required) and provide insight to central Enterprise Risk Management processes such as the Internal Risk & Control Assessment, Policy and Minimum Standard governance and Emerging Risk process.
- Providing advice and guidance on changes within appetite and support building strong control environments across the Group
- Promoting a strong risk and control culture and general awareness of risk management within DLG
What you'll need:
- Strong numeracy, analytical and research skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Awareness of the balance between risk, control and growth
- Self-motivated, able to generate new ideas, and solve problems
- Experience of conducting thematic risk assurance assessments
- Ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Financial Services experience preferable
Hours: 35 hours (Monday - Friday)
Hybrid Working: We have a hybrid model with a virtual-first approach which means you would primarily work from home. The team currently meet 1 day a week in the Bromley office (but we're moving to London Bridge next summer!). As long as you live a commutable distance from one of our offices in Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Bromley, or Glasgow and understand you might need to travel into Bromley/London upto 1x a week, that's great. We'll support you as best as we can!
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of up to 10%
- Generous holidays, starting at 25 days and going up to 28 days per year. Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.