Commercial underwriter - Farm
What We're Looking For:
We have a fantastic home-based opportunity for an experienced Commercial Underwriter to win and retain profitable business from brokers serviced by your Region on a full-time, permanent basis!. This is a great chance to develop your underwriting and trading skills while delivering high-quality service to your Regions brokers. The skills you need are:
- Previous Agricultural Underwiring/broker/claims experience
- Previous Commercial Underwriting experience
- Trading skills
- Develop broker panel and internal relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Market awareness
This role can be undertaken from the comfort of your home.
What You'll do:
- Support in the delivery of New Business financial plan
- Support in the delivery of Existing Business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Underwrite following PUA and Underwriting Guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Deliver quality broker service, meeting and exceeding broker expectations
- Be a referral point for lower level PUA's and support in improving Underwriting capability
- Effective usage and update of Tools and Systems
- Contribute to wider business activities
- Improve own contribution through active self-development
- Identify and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role and following the DLG Insurance Risk framework and associated governance frameworks
Who You'll Work With:
You will report to our NIG Regional Team Leader.
Our FarmWeb team is dedicated to meeting the agricultural insurance needs of farmers in the UK. Through our network of Brokers, we pride ourselves on offering a high level of service across Sales, Underwriting and Claims. As a FarmWeb Underwriter, you will deliver this service, ensuring the risks we accept are priced accurately and that we continue to grow alongside our broker partners. We are constantly evolving and changing and your career will similarly evolve and progress at the pace you want!
Work hours:35hrs/week Monday - Friday
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
- Being yourself
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.