Cyber Security Incident Response Manager
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
What you'll be doing:
With over 10,000 employees and nearly 10 million customers, that's a lot of information to keep safe… which is why we are looking to recruit an Incident Response Analyst to work with our third-party security operations centre (SOC) as well as leading on large-scale security incidents to avoid immediate and potential threats. You'll be an escalation point for security incidents, taking ownership and managing incidents at a senior level.
Working in our team might not be exactly like it is in the action movies, there's no high-suspense sound track, but feel free to bring your own and help us protect the business from the bad guys!
- Take ownership of analysing and responding to security alerts from multiple sources within Direct Line Group (DLG) and determining possible causes of such security incidents
- Perform real-time information security incident handling (e.g. forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) to respond to incidents
- Collaborate with internal and external managers (such as application and infrastructure managers) to ensure effective incident resolution, including participation in triage calls and supporting information collection
- Responsible for emerging threat patterns monitoring, vulnerabilities and anomalies and providing escalations of any unknown threats to the Senior Security Analyst
- Collaborate with Security Enablement team to provide requirements for security standards to ensure information security incident response and security oversight over third party services
- Ensure to report report appropriate operational issues to the Security Architecture team so that they may be resolved at an architecture level
- Work with the Threat Intelligence team to identify opportunities for security controls optimisation following threats affecting technology third-party services.
- This is a hybrid role and will involve working from home combined with office time in London twice per month.
- There is also an on-call requirement for this role which is usually one in every 3-4 weeks with on call allowance and call out paid accordingly
Who you'll be working with
At DLG (Direct Line Group) we are delivering a set of plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms, and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day. You'll join our wider 'CISO' function whose teams are responsible for keeping the business, customer and employee information assets, technologies and systems secure.
Within this you'll be part of the Cyber Defense team and and report into our Head of Cyber Defence, Brian Love.
What you'll need:
- Experience of handling Cyber Incidents at a senior level with a proven track record of working under pressure
- Good knowledge of Cyber security and frameworks, such as MITRE and incident response frameworks.
- Security configuration knowledge.
- Proven experience working with any Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool sets.
- Have strong analytical skills to monitor information and perform detailed data analysis to identify any vulnerabilities.
- Security certification such as CISM, CISSP, M.Inst.ISP, CISA by a recognised professional body.
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 9% employee contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Up to 20% bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 30 days holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Life at Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.