Enterprise Solution Architect
DLG is at an important stage in its evolution to be a technology and data company. Following a few years of significant build and transformation of core assets, ranging from telephony to core customer-facing platforms, an Agile transformation for key segments of our business is bedding in with the intent of better serving our customers at pace. However, there is more to do!
Do you want to work somewhere that really understands (and has a CTO and CIO) that actually want to change the art of the possible? Well come and join DLG – we are re-inventing everything about not just Insurance but how this amazing group creates amazing products and services. We are purpose and vision led with lots of challenges but a force for good.
- We have just launched the Multiverse partnership (grad/apprentices)
- We are creating communities in Change, in Engineering and in Architecture
- Finally, NONE of this works with out a strategy in the next 5 years.
With a growth mindset, the next wave of our maturity brings incremental, fast-paced delivery of our business & customer outcomes through empowered teams. Underpinned by a cohesive multi-year Technology strategy & architecture with engineering teams that can support delivery in whatever delivery framework is required. Purpose led Technology, in service of sustainable growth, changing market conditions and exponential progress in technologies.
A number of Enterprise Solution Architects are now required by DLG to work with the new Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to create the enterprise Strategy & Architecture that underpins the rolling 5-year plan for DLG.
N.B This is a hybrid opportunity between home working and our Bromley office. The frequency of office time will be dependent on business requirements and will fluctuate, therefore we’d need you to be in a reasonable commuting distance to Bromley.
What does this job involve?
We need people who can really look at a business strategy and operating model(s), talk to business people at all levels in plain language yet converse at depth with technology, architecture, change and ops superstars.
Execution capability matters! You should understand engineering development and leadership in newer technologies that emerge over the next 3-5 years taking us to 2025. This supports making innovation happen and the ability to drive adoption of great architectural thinking and help others turn it into reality – this is not an ivory tower role!
What we’re looking for
- Purpose led, customer focused technology that drives growth, adjacencies and innovation; whilst always simplifying the costs of DLG and consumers.
- Excellent deep & wide technology expertise in more than one architectural domain
- Understanding of technology from a capability perspective with a view to rationalise and simplify
- Embracing the new realms of machine learning (AI, Quantum, Metaverse) and shifts in how this will impact DLG, our Data and how that flows through our consumer and business divisions.
- Strategic thinker who can work at the holistic, enterprise-wide level as well as the deep solution level
- Relevant architecture domain skills end-to-end with particular focus on applications & integration; can challenge existing architecture models
- Able to engage with engineering through the lifecycle and challenge if required.
- Creates a narrative and story that takes all in the enterprise through the purpose and reason to believe in the strategy – ensuring that it is delivered as imagined even when iterated
- Track record of delivering on innovation, with an owners/start-up mindset to growth and growing customers
- Experience, excitement and interest in complex architectures which include, but may not be limited to, web applications built using java & angular, iSeries, Mainframe, COTS products and a ‘cloud first’ approach driving a multi cloud strategic runway (currently AWS & Azure)
- Excellent understanding of the interactions between people, processes and technology
- Strong consulting and relationship management skills and an ability to work comfortably at all levels from junior engineer to Board.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent in financials and commercial topics and able to create and articulate linkages between business and technology and have a sound commercial approach to identifying solutions
- Takes a holistic view of the organisation and its technology needs
- Applies strategic and innovative thinking to problem-solving
- We are open to candidates from any industry but would expect deep understanding of customers and a strong interest in the insurance business and its future direction.
This role has competitive base salary which reflects the level of skill and experience we are looking for as well as;
- Generous bonus scheme
- 30 days hol + bank holidays
- 9% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Discount on various insurance
- Many other benefits options