External Reporting Manager
Who you'll be working with:
Reporting to our Group External Reporting Manager, you'll be part of a small team responsible for delivering high-quality reporting to the Groups external stakeholders.
You'll work closely with your Finance network, but you'll also need strong relationships with other teams across DLG, such as Risk, HR and external affairs, to support our Annual Report design strategy.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a qualified or part qualified accountant, who will preferable have experience working in group financial reporting environments.
You'll be aware of the developing landscape in financial reporting matters and be able to interpret their impact on our business. Awareness of and/or experience in sustainability reporting would be an advantage.
We need someone who who can collaborate with stakeholders (including an offshore partner) communicate effectively, and demonstrate excellent report writing. You'll be able to resolve reporting disclosure problems, to deliver best practice.
Regulatory reporting experience, and knowledge of IFRS, UKGAAP guidelines would also be really beneficial ,along with accounting experience in non-life insurance or other financial services
What you'll be doing:
You'll deliver the Group's consolidated financial statements in the Annual Report & Accounts, including planning, managing the production, and review and challenge of the document.
- You'll manage the implementation of new corporate and financial reporting developments, disclosure requirements and best practice reporting guidelines as issued by accounting and other regulatory bodies with Finance and other Business areas.
- Lead on sustainability/climate reporting or other reporting developments (e.g IFRS 17).
- Manage the verification procedures for financial and non-financial data, and liaison with external audit team.
- Prepare reports for the Group's Audit Committee on matters related to external reporting.
- Review the Group's quantitative Solvency II and other regulatory reporting templates, ensuring the submission of templates to the regulators on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Review, validate and challenge analyst presentations and other output from the Investor Relations team.
- Review the legal entity accounts of the Group.
- Relationship management of Finance onshore/offshore shared services team to support delivery of the above activities including financial reporting instructions, expert guidance and support on data and disclosure requirements.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office will vary from time to time, but we'd expect you to meet in our Bromley office 1-2 times per week, and we'll be moving our office to London in Summer 2023.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 25 days annual leave, plus the 8 days bank holiday (holiday buy and sell also available!)
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available. Enter your email address. Choose the job category and/or enter a location that you’re interested in. And then click “Add” to add the criteria and “Sign Up” to create your job alert.