We’re a diverse, dedicated team of digital practitioners, re-inventing the digital experience for our customers, our people, and our partners. We’re looking for passionate Frontend Engineers, at all experience levels, to join us on an exciting digital transformation journey.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be building web applications, libraries, and tooling for Direct Line, Churchill, and Privilege that help inform and service millions of customers in the UK. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary agile delivery team, you’ll be empowered to help create, influence, and optimise the user experience of our products and services.
You’ll also be part of our frontend engineering community, responsible for innovating frontend engineering capability at Direct Line Group. This support network of like-minded engineers will be there to learn from, share with, and discuss new technologies, tools, and ways of working.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with a broad range of skills and behaviours, some of which will include;
- Mobile first, responsive web application development using HTML, SCSS, and Typescript.
- Node.js and NPM dependency management.
- Git version control, managed with GitHub.
- Understanding of modern web application frameworks and/or libraries such as Angular or React, and associated tooling.
- Component driven, reusable architecture patterns.
- Web application performance and optimisation.
- Web accessibility standards and implementation.
- SEO best practices.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Have a passion for learning.
- Be open, transparent and help others.
What we’ll give you
At Direct Line Group, we promote a culture of diversity, bringing together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and experiment, in efforts to improve the experience for our customers.
We recognise we wouldn’t be where we are today without our colleagues, that’s why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle.
- 9% employer contributed pension.
- 50% off home, motor, and pet insurance.
- Free travel insurance.
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover.
- Fully paid maternity, and paternal leave.
- A range of other optional benefits and development opportunities.
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach, combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach, and how much you’ll be in the office depends on your role - we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.