Health and Safety Compliance Manager
Who we are looking for
We have a great, new opportunity for a Health and Safety Compliance Manager to join our DLG Auto Services team.
You will have a background within the manufacturing / engineering / motoring industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent. We are looking for someone who has a great communication skills. If you are happy to work independently and commute across the UK when needed we would like to hear from you.
What you will do
You will report to the Director of Roadside & Network Services.
You will establish robust and compliant Health & Safety procedures manuals whilst ensuring that all the employees follow them.
You will also make sure that the Network Patrols are legally compliant with all the Health and Safety legislation and any legislative updates are communicated to all the relevant partners across the Rescue Roadside Operations.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Conduct assessments of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified from these assessments.
- Ensure that risk assessments are sent through for review and kept as a central reference.
- Manage COSHH risk assessments and ensure control measures are put in place.
- Schedule annual health surveillance and work with all the to address any findings from these health surveillance.
- Manage all safety inspections across all the Network Patrols (such as noise testing, air monitoring).
- Ensure that accidents and incidents and near misses are recorded and monitored, and where necessary reported to the relevant bodies (i.e., RIDDOR).
- Collate bi-monthly PPE spot checks and follow up any non-compliance with them to ensure the relevant conversations are being carried out.
- Co-ordinate both internal and external audits at specified intervals.
- You will be accountable or all the reports and documents related to the Health & Safety management system.
- Liaise, engage and maintain relationships with other organisations and authorities and standards bodies (e.g., HSE).
- Co-ordinate any training needs related to Health and Safety.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to H&S regulations.
Work hours: 35 hrs/week
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Life at Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.