IT Capacity Analyst
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Capacity Analyst to further their career at DLG (Direct Line Group), a leading Insurer based in Bromley. This role will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the integrity and consistency of the end to end Capacity Management process.
This is a permanent role supporting the expansion of our Capacity function. We can offer this role across the UK, but you will be required to visit our office in Bromley as required. Currently the team are working from the office 1 to 2 days a week and working from home otherwise.
Who you'll be working with
At DLG we are delivering a set of ambitious plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms, and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day. You’ll join our wider ‘Core Technology’ team whose mission is to design, deliver and collaborate to enable foundational services.
Within this, you’ll be part of the Infrastructure Platforms team, comprised of multiple SME for different technology disciplines including Compute, Storage, Networks, Database, Middleware, Mainframe and of course Capacity Management.
The team has a continuous improvement mindset and we’re looking for curious minds and critical thinkers who will work collaboratively to identify and analyse trends and opportunities to optimise our environments.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on capacity and availability
- Identify and manage capacity and availability issues and risks
- Assist with investigation and diagnosis of incidents and problems relating to capacity management
- Forecast future capacity requirements based on business plans, usage trends, service portfolio plans
- Manage internal capacity forums across IT and the business
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports, including contribution to capacity plans
- Work with technical architecture teams to verify that new and existing systems have capacity that meets business requirements
- Develop and maintain accurate process and procedural documentation, accurate and versioned controlled work instructions, demand management trending reports
- Ensure all changes are assessed for their impact on capacity and performance and attend CAB meetings as required
- Provide optimisation and right-sizing opportunities and recommendations for public cloud infrastructure
- Contribute to the development and management of outcome-based contracts with 3rd party suppliers ensuring that service providers have sufficient capacity to meet current and future demands
- Ensure capacity, performance and availability requirements are optimised and cost justified
- Ensure agreed service continuity and availability commitments can be met
- Contribute to the design and execution of application performance testing
- Align with agreed ITIL Service Management architectures, policies and standards
- Create and maintain high quality process artefacts as required within a highly regulated environment (e.g. process design documentation, templates, guidelines). Ensure process artefacts are regularly reviewed, audited and subject to continual improvement to remain fit for purpose
- Contribute to the development and configuration of tools to support processes
- Technical understanding of capacity management for both public cloud (AWS / Azure) and private IT datacentres
- Proficient in use of capacity and application performance management tools (e.g. BMC / AppDynamics / Athene / HP OpenView)
- Knowledge and experience in IT Demand Management and ITIL principles (Incident, Problem and Change Management processes)
- Solid experience with IT Service management tools such as ServiceNow and Atlassian will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of development frameworks such as Agile, CI/CD, Scrum and Continual Improvement as well as waterfall project management processes
- Work collaboratively with the Business, multiple suppliers, on / off-shore IT teams and vendors to develop future capacity requirements, forecasts and Production of capacity models
- Strong documentation, organisational and interpersonal skills
What we’ll give you
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
When you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones available to use, depending on the type of work you are doing. How often you’ll be in the office depends on your role and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Selection Process and application process
Making fair recruitment decisions is important to us. You’ll already know we welcome diversity and inclusion at DLG, and that we’re committed to making it a truly inclusive place to work. We recognise that people work in different ways and we’ll always adapt where possible so you continue to have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, bring real potential to DLG. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.