Property Claims Adjuster (Commercial)
Technical Claims Handler (Commercial)
Location- Bromley ( office 2 days per week)
Let's make the most of your talent!
You'll be part of a centre of technical excellence for Commercial Property claims (Large and Complex Loss) providing advice and guidance to Claims and other business areas within Direct Line Group.
We’ve been helping people carry on with their lives since the 80s, giving them the peace of mind they need to focus on the future. And after 40 years of innovation, we’re still leading the way. Our vision is a world where insurance is personal, inclusive and a force for good. And, with a business full of brilliant individuals working together to be brilliant for customers every single day, our goal is well within reach.
What you will be doing:
Reporting directly to the Technical Claims Manager, you'll be settling complex property claims (all claims types above £100k, subsidence above £25k ) as economically as possible, whilst maximising speed of settlement, and safeguarding the company’s reputation.
- Manage own portfolio of high value/complex property claims in accordance with personal delegated handling authority.
- Undertake all necessary investigations, with assistance of experts where required, to ensure all large loss claims are fully validated.
- Using the appropriate medium, negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement of the claim
- Ensure that opportunities to obtain contributions/recoveries are identified and proactively pursued, where economically viable
What we are looking for:
You've a previous experience of handling technical commercial property claims. You're results obsessed and always look for improving processes.
- Experience of end-to-end claims process ownership.
- A good knowledge of common law and legislation affecting insurance.
- Good communication skills.
- Focus on team work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
What we’ll give you in return:
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 25 days holiday (rising by 1 each year to 28) + bank holidays and option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any reasonable adjustments within this recruitment process, please reach out to us and we can discuss how we can support you with this.
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team of brilliant individuals, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be. We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every single one of us brings. Every person, team, Squad, Tribe and Chapter, across every business that makes our Group. And we’re happy to say we’re customer obsessed.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.