Senior Finance Business Analyst
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with experience of finance technology and has experienced a full lifecycle ERP / EPM system implementationwithin insurance domain preferably gained within PL or GI.
You will have experience of finance, accounting with understanding of Balance Sheet/P&L. You will have significant experience of ETL (extract transform & load) layers, data mapping and integrations into ERP
You'll have significant experience of change programmes within Finance, covering both business process change and new technology implementation.
You'll also have experience of guiding and leading a team and be able to engage with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
Who you'll be working with:
Reporting to our Change Governance Manager you will lead the analysis of complex and high-profile business changes, identifying the people, process and technology requirements that will deliver the expected benefit, while also mentoring a team of analysts
You will work with, influence, and manage a range of finance, business & technology stakeholders to develop and implement solutions which deliver business value within agreed timelines and budget.
What you'll be doing:
- Own strategic analysis, planning and scoping of interrelated complex initiatives. Helping senior level stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them
- Acting as consultant to senior stakeholders, helping them explore change possibilities in their areas.
- Lead on the development of domain level business architectures and the adoption of simplified operating models, business processes and applications.
- Investigate, analyse, review, define, validate, and document business requirements.
- Lead on the definition of the case for change and business case production.
- Produce high quality deliverables by selecting and applying the most appropriate methods, tools and techniques and following agreed standards for the selected delivery methodologies.
- Manage project requirements, ensuring there is verifiable traceability between requirements, solution and testing.
- Drive the full delivery lifecycle, ensuring requirements are properly understood and met by the delivered solution, ensuring appropriate prioritisation is applied to meet business objectives.
- Facilitate the identification and documentation of non-functional requirements.
- Support implementation to ensure that the change is embedded, and benefits realised.
- Collaborate on the design and selection of solutions within agreed architectures and standards.
- Coordinate the creation of user scenarios with the business and support testing with the allocated business users to enable the definition of UAT test scripts and business sign off.
- Develop / provide input to project plans, resource plans and the selection / adoption of appropriate delivery methodology e.g. waterfall, agile.
- Identify and regularly review resources required, call out resource shortfalls, provide recommendations for resolution and RAID management.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in business analysis methods and tools. Proactively contribute to and support a Community of Practice.
Ways of working:
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
We’ve ditched the daily commute for a virtual first approach. If you do come into the office, there are exciting workspaces and zones you can use, depending on the type of work you are doing
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Please get in touch with the team to discuss.
What we'll give you:
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skill set and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including 30+ days annual leave, family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you as well as a range of other optional benefits!