Service Enablement Manager
The Service Enablement Manager enables successful technology change through execution of service enablement activities in service design, transition and service introduction processes for a portfolio of technology change initiatives. Works with stakeholders to maximise contribution to Group OKRs and provides SME assistance to enhancement of the Service Architecture & Enablement function & toolkit(s).
Who you’ll be working with:
Working within our Live Services directorate, the Service Enablement Manager will work in our Service Architecture & Enablement team, reporting to a Senior Service Enablement Manager. You will be enabling strategic technology change in collaboration with our Product Owners, Engineers, Strategic Partners and Live Services teams. We operate across all areas of Direct Line Group presenting opportunities to work with a diverse range of industry leaders.
Think agile, think robust, think digital and most of all, think simple. By providing a crafted experience, we seek to stand out from the competition and do amazing things for our customers. If you are forward thinking, passionate about customer outcomes and driving change across the IT value chain – this opportunity is not to be missed!
What you’ll be doing:
- Enable successful technology change through execution of service enablement activities in service design, transition and service introduction processes.
- Work as ‘single point of contact’ (SPoC) or ‘relationship based fly-in resource’ (RBFiR) covering required activities for a portfolio of technology change initiatives.
- Achieve target outcomes through selection and application of appropriate patterns, methods, standards and ways of working.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) with mastery of the processes, practices and tools. Contribute to on-going development of service architecture and enablement craft and toolkits.
- Ensure minimum standards, controls and risk appetites are met. Achieve stakeholder acceptance for deviations, residual risk(s) or issue(s).
- Maximise contribution to Group/Portfolio OKRs and the Service Architecture & Enablement Mission and demonstrate DLG BehaviOURs in everything that you do.
Dependent on portfolio and engagement approach, each Service Enablement Manager will conduct activities outlined below with support from the Senior Service Enablement Manager.
- Provide pro-active support, advice and guidance to ensure the design of service models and technology run cost models are aligned to technology strategy, standards, architectures, patterns and road maps.
- Provide input to RFP and commercial discussions, business cases and plans as required.
- Identify/validate non-functional requirements (incl Tiering, SLAs, OLAs, SLIs, SLOs). Work with business, architecture, engineering and service communities to design solutions that meet target outcomes.
- Design the service model, reach consensus with stakeholder(s) and create the service architecture & enablement knowledge asset(s) that form part of our technology toolkit.
- Model technology run costs, reach consensus with across budget holder(s) and interlock with finance.
- Coordinate service transition and early life support planning (ELS) where required.
- Design and manage operational validation testing (OVT) where required.
- Coordinate capture of improvement backlog / roadmap where required.
- Maintain service architecture & enablement knowledge asset(s) that form part of our technology toolkit.
- Execute the Service Introduction process through mastery of the process, practices and tools from assessment, prioritisation and through early life support/warranty.
- Ensure acceptance criteria are agreed, stakeholders are aligned on target outcomes and track progress and provide concise meaningful visibility to sponsors and decision makers.
- Liaise with DLG teams and 3rd parties involved to ensure “Path to Live” activities are completed.
- Provide concise and meaningful visibility of incoming changes for the technology organisation to bolster knowledge and improve readiness to accept changes.
- Maintain the service readiness position, reach consensus with stakeholder(s) and create the service architecture & enablement knowledge asset(s) that form part of our technology toolkit.
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
We promote an open, honest and transparent environment where you can be heard, make a huge impact and thrive in our constantly evolving technology.
part of our technology toolkit.
Ways of Working
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a ‘best of both worlds’ approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.
Life at DLG
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we’re committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we’ll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.