Commercial Technical Controller
Technical Controller (Full Time, Permanent Position)
Leeds, Glasgow or Manchester – (Hybrid 1/2 days in the office)
Let's make the most of your talent
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
What you'll be doing
You will support T&LL management team to deliver service and indemnity cost outcomes in the management of large and complex losses that meet business objectives. As part of the T&LL team be a key contributor to claims technical strategy and practice.
- Deliver initiative claims savings, settlement cost performance, large loss emergence, reserve accuracy and run off to agreed targets on own & departmental portfolio of large & complex loss claims.
- Claims servicing to meet or exceed agreed SLA’s and caseload /FTE targets across all classes at all times by utilising operational performance data.
- Responsible for the engagement and performance of suppliers ensuring they adhere to the policy and contracted terms
- Support Commercial Property Technical Claims Manager as SME for Commercial Property Large & Complex Loss by providing technical experience and advice to colleagues in other departments and by participating in DLG Forums or projects & initiatives.
- Support Commercial Property Technical Claims Manager with the recruitment, performance management, development and engagement of all staff within the Commercial Property Large & Complex Loss team.
- Support and embed professional risk management as key part of culture to the standards expected of an independent organisation as tested in a due diligence process.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the Direct Line Group risk framework
What we're looking for
- Previous claims handling experience within Commercial is essential - including: Initiation and investigation, negotiation and settlement, claims quantum and assessment
- Knowledge of Fraud and Investigation
- Aware of Insurance Principles & Practice
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and agreed SLA's
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others
Hours: 35 hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Closing Date: 13th March 2024
There’s no-one else like you. No-one with the exact same mix of strengths, quirks, skills and thoughts. That’s why you could belong here. As part of a team of brilliant individuals, in a place that empowers you to be the best you can be.
We’re proud of who we are, of what we do, and what every single one of us brings.
Join us. Help us keep innovating and putting customers at the heart of everything. To be an insurance company of the future. When we work together, we can all achieve great things. Inspiring, challenging, and supporting each other to aim higher.
Together we’re one of a kind.
What we’ll give you in return:
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle and a flexible working model combining the best parts of home and office-working, varying with the nature of your role. Core benefits include:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Generous holidays, 25 days (excluding bank holidays). Plus, the option of buying or selling up to 5 days each year!
- Up to 10% performance-based annual bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. Read our flexible working approach here.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Let’s Be Brilliant For Our Customers!
It always feels good, helping people when they need it most. Taking calls, helping customers with queries, finding the right insurance product for their lifestyle. Helping to keep people safe on the roadside when their vehicle breaks down. Being a reassuring presence when someone needs to make a claim. Our contact centre teams give customers all kinds of support. It can get busy, but the culture, training and friendly teams are great here.
The Brands We Work With
Our Customer Service advisors support our customers with a wide range of products and services across some of the UKs well-known brands. As an advisor you may find yourself working across many of these brands including Direct Line, Direct Line for Business, Churchill and Green Flag. Other brands we have are Motability, Privilege, DLG Auto Services, DLG Legal Services and Darwin.
Nobody has all the answers.
Think, act and win as one team to deliver great outcomes for our customers each and every day.
Draw upon diverse skills and perspectives, testing and iterating as you go.
Collaborate, communicate and be inclusive.
We want the real, whole you and value diverse perspectives, ideas and opinions. So feel confident and empowered. Believe in yourself as much as we do.
Be you, have fun, and make this a great place to be.
Make it happen. Spot the opportunities, take the initiative and be accountable.
Be brave, innovative and embrace new challenges, doing what’s right not what’s easy. Keep it simple and take risks in a positive way.
Develop new skills, own your own career path and push your talents to the limit.
We need different perspectives, so your input matters. Ask questions, make suggestions, raise concerns but be respectful and make the space to listen to others. Face into difficult conversations so we continue to evolve and improve.
There’s no one quite like you. Together, we'll uncover your strengths using tailored strategies if needed. Let's bring out the best in you.
What Our Colleagues Say
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our people and the wide variety of perspectives and life experiences they bring. That’s why we offer excellent benefits to suit your lifestyle: